Low Dose IM Delirium
DPT
by Alice.S
Citation:   Alice.S. "Low Dose IM Delirium: An Experience with DPT (exp104097)". Erowid.org. Oct 22, 2015. erowid.org/exp/104097

20 mg IM DPT

The intention, mindset, and setting were as follows:
I had taken DPT before at ~13mg IM and experienced no effect, while at the same time Wes took 25mg IM, and he experienced a very mild, peaceful clearheaded trip.

He recommended that I try this drug at an active dose for me; I wanted to see if I could achieve the level he had been at by taking a low dose. I am very sensitive to all drugs and always require a lower dose to achieve the same effect Wes would be having at a higher dose, but I am not *unusually* sensitive, so in this case I decided 20mg would be suitable.

Wes and I were alone in our house and at 9:00p.m we IMíd the DPT. I took 20mg and he took 50mg. We raced upstairs as Wes began hallucinating almost immediately. We got in bed.

The trip:
I have no accurate record of the time lapse at around this point; I lay in bed fairly calm, feeling rushes of stimulation. Suddenly, period cramps as I have never felt them before, and I start to become twitchy and shaky

VasoconstrictionÖlots of vasoconstriction.
The fractals start to come at me full force and I realize how loud my voice is in my mind. I begin to try to have a conversation with myself, and I realize I canít. Wes puts on calming music. My brain is short circuiting and I cannot complete thoughts, there is too much information rushing at me and I donít know where itís coming from. Itís not entirely pleasant. Itís going too fast; I cannot get anything out of this. Crazy visuals everywhere I turn, not just fractals, the room is distorting, Wes is distorting. Time loses all meaning; the music loses all meaning, and takes on a spatial dimension. I donít know what anything is.

The thought mush gets too much and suddenly I stop thinking and have a moment of peace. This is pleasant. Wes is shaking violently and pouring sweat and has cocooned into my chest and seems to be having a more intense time than me. Despite the feeling that I am going crazy I remain pretty calm. This reminds me of mushrooms except I do not feel like I might exit the room screaming at any point. I donít like mushrooms, by the way.

I begin to come down, the thought soup goes away, I am relieved. Wes and I go downstairs and try to eat,
it is about 11:00 p.m now, 2 hours had passed, and eating is not fun, and we are both very impaired still.
I become extremely uncomfortable at this point, way more uncomfortable than I had been during the trip. For the next 4 hours I was extremely paranoid, unable to sleep, and felt like I had been beaten up.

Wes says what I experienced was not typical of ďvery low doseĒ for this drug, i.e I was very sensitive to it and apparently it would have been more peaceful if I took less. I donít know if I want any more of this.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 104097
Published: Oct 22, 2015Views: 3,985
DPT (21) : First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)