Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Kratom
by Sunbeam
Citation:   Sunbeam. "Every Rose Has Its Thorn: An Experience with Kratom (exp104051)". Erowid.org. Feb 20, 2017. erowid.org/exp/104051

3 g oral Kratom (capsule)
  T+ 0:20 1 g oral Kratom (capsule)
  T+ 0:40 1 g oral Kratom (capsule)
  T+ 0:50 1 g oral Kratom (capsule)
  T+ 1:05 3 g oral Kratom (capsule)
  T+ 1:13 1 g oral Kratom (capsule)

I heard about Kratom off a website. I decided to look up reviews on it to see if it had legitimate effects. People were saying great things about it, especially on YouTube, so I decided to give it a shot. I ended up buying the Maeng Da capsules.

Each capsule has about 0.5g of Kratom inside, or 2 capsules=1 gram. Here's how I took them:

4:25- 6 capsules (3g)
4:45- 2 capsules (1g)
5:05- 2 capsules (1g)
5:15- 2 capsules (1g)
5:30- 6 capsules (3g)
5:38- 2 capsules (1g)

Please note that I took a HUGE dose, especially for my first time. However, I have always had a high tolerance for drugs and this was no exception. I can't give the exact time that I began feeling the effects, but I think it was around 5:45 when they really started kicking in.

This is a pretty good drug. The high is very similar to painkillers. It's more of a body high than a mind high. It made my body feel very relaxed, and sort of numb feeling.
It made my body feel very relaxed, and sort of numb feeling.
My nose kept itching. My pupils got smaller. At the peak of the high, probably around 6:30, I began feeling very friendly. I went to the mall and wanted to talk to everyone. I tried to think about things that have been pissing me off lately, but not an ounce of anger could come out of me. I was pretty happy. I also wanted to get things done at my house, cleaning and whatnot. It was fun to me.
[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!] I had some errands I needed to run, and I was nervous about driving, but I did it anyways and had absolutely no problem. I was probably more cautious than usual actually!

It is now 7:36 and the effects aren't so pleasant anymore. It's obvious now that I overdid it with my dosage. I feel really nauseous now. I also feel overheated, but I don't know if that's because of the Kratom or just because it's usually hot in my house. I still feel high but it's not the same as earlier because now I feel tired and weak. I'm hoping it will go away soon, but I don't know. Overall it's a good drug, but every rose has its thorn. Next time I will take a smaller dose.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 104051
Published: Feb 20, 2017Views: 1,526
Kratom (203) : Hangover / Days After (46), First Times (2), Various (28)