Erowid is a Global Information Resource
The Effects and Dangers I Found
Methiopropamine
by 808828808
Citation:   808828808. "The Effects and Dangers I Found: An Experience with Methiopropamine (exp103699)". Erowid.org. Feb 12, 2017. erowid.org/exp/103699

oral Methiopropamine (capsule)

Not much is known about methiopropamine, and yet I was stupid enough to give it a try about 5 times.

Each time, roughly 60mg was consumed in a pill. The effects were usually an intense euphoria all over the body, and a remarkable increase in cognitive function. Each time I did it, the nausea afterwards became more pronounced. By the fifth time, I only got nausea. (4-14 days between dosages). Re-dosing only added to the nausea.

Side effects: nausea on comedown, deep breaths 'ache', very regular bathroom visits, insomnia and a dramatic decrease in penis length. (All aforementioned points last only for the duration of the experience).

During the third experience, I could hear a faint whistling with each heartbeat. I thought nothing of it and associated it with MPA's stimulant effects. The fourth and fifth time, I experienced it again, only louder. I have no idea why I wasn't more worried or why I continued using it.

After flushing the rest, I would still occasionally hear the whistling after light exercise. Two weeks after the final dose, I started to feel lethargic with any exercise and my heartbeat became irregular. I finally decided to call 111 (The English non-emergency health advice number). After hearing of my symptoms, they told me to get to hospital immediately and get someone else to drive me.

The doctor listened to my heart and checked my blood pressure. He looked a bit worried and sent me to have an ECG trace. After the results were checked, I had to do a urine sample for a bacterial infection (Not a drug test). During the next few days, I had no energy and my heart was working very hard. Moving was difficult and I just felt plain awful.

I then had to have another ECG and a blood test at a different location as my heart was not functioning normally. The doctor said he could hear a flow murmur with every beat.

I am currently awaiting my results, but in light of my troubling experience.

Side note: I just had a thought that my 60mg figure I put was only measured by 2/3rds filling an empty 100mg 5-HTP capsule. I now realise they may have different molecular masses so the figures may be inaccurate.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 103699
Published: Feb 12, 2017Views: 1,413
Methiopropamine (545) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27), Unknown Context (20)