Is it important to you that the world have accurate information about drugs?
Please donate to support Erowid Center's vision!
Confident, Calm and Prosocial
by Fill
Citation:   Fill. "Confident, Calm and Prosocial: An Experience with Ethylphenidate (exp103115)". May 21, 2017.

T+ 0:00
50 mg oral Ethylphenidate (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:45 50 mg oral Ethylphenidate (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:55 25 mg insufflated Ethylphenidate (powder / crystals)
  T+ 2:05 20 mg insufflated Ethylphenidate (powder / crystals)
My First Stimulant Ever

Stimulants were never something I was really interested in, however, despite that I decided to try cocaine sometime. I read a lot of experience reports regularly and I’ve discovered ethylphenidate aka ethylcaine and was astonished by the comparisons to cocaine. It looks quite safe as its relative methylphenidate is a widely used prescription drug. I ordered some and tried it the same day it arrived. The only issue was the dosing because I couldn't find much information about oral dosing, just knew vendors offer 50 mg pellets among others and the insufflated dose is supposed to be 25 – 100 mg so I decided to give the 50 mg oral dose a go.

T-0:40 – I weighted 50 mg dose on my milligram scale and wrapped it into a tissue. I put it away and tried a test dose of a few milligrams firstly.

T+0:00 – Nothing happened so I gave it a real try. The clock showed 3 PM and I parachuted the tissue, it was 2 hours after a lunch. I was still sitting in my office at work but I already finished all the work and was prepared to go home whenever I wanted to. My mood was neutral at that moment.

T+0:45 – Still nothing. I knew something would happen but as there were nothing at that time I was sure it wouldn’t be as hard so I weighted another 50 mg and swallowed a second bomb.

T+0:55 – Here it comes. My mood started to lift as well as a mild stimulation started to kick in. The effect were building over the next 20 minutes.

T+1:45 – The second dose probably started to kick in as the effects were being more pronounced. This was my first euphoric stimulant and there was a feeling of well-being present but nothing I call euphoria. However, I would hardly call it disappointment as I felt great anyway.

T+1:55 – I had already got above 100 mg in my system but I felt I didn’t hit the target yet and as this seemed to be relatively high dose I thought the oral ingestion may not be as effective as snorting so I decided to snort some more and explore this compound deeper. I had scaled a small line and prepared it with a credit card and snorted a half to one nostril and the second half to the other. It was burning quite a lot but it wasn’t as bad as 2Cs because the pain diminished within a few minutes.

T+2:05 – Not much more happened so I decided to snort another 20 mg. That was 150 mg in sum and enough for the day as I didn’t want to go any farther in this experiment. My appetite was completely suppressed but drinking water felt extremely refreshing.

T+2:15 – Time to go home. I left the building and when I went out I started feeling even better. All the tiny joys such as wind, fresh air, music in earphones amplified the feeling of well-being. About this time I was peaking and it lasted hour and a half (so shortly because it was a mix of all the doses over the hours, a peak of a single dose would certainly last longer). I FELT CONFIDENT, VERY CALM AND VERY PROSOCIAL, VERY USABLE AND YET HIGH.

T+3:15 – I arrived home and talked with my girlfriend. I was SO MUCH talkative and almost couldn’t stop it. Music sounded a little better than usual. I turned the volume up unlike with psychedelics where I turn it down.

T+3:45 – Started coming down. The come down was smooth and slow because not much time passed from the last dose. I was not hungry at all but I remembered I did not eat for 6 hours which is a huge gap for me so I ate some biscuits.

T+5:15 – I didn’t feel the effects anymore and finally ate a decent meal.

T+8:30 – I felt asleep approximately at that time. The sleep was poor and I was tired the next day because of it.

I was expecting it to be a lot different but on the other hand I was expecting it to be great and that was fulfilled. I didn’t measure my heart rate at the peak but I guess it could be about 100 bpm while my resting heart rate is about 50 bpm. I also had a feeling of slight unease for about 10 minutes when peaking which was probably just a hypertension.

I got no urge to redose when coming down and my mood was still positive when the effects faded off. My mood was also positive the next day but I was tired due to the poor sleep. All in all, I will save ethylphenidate for a special occasions because while it’s so lovely it also disrupts a sleep which is a feature I hate. Now, after more than two weeks, I did ethylphenidate again which helped me to finish this writing. Cheers!

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 103115
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 26
Published: May 21, 2017Views: 5,349
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Ethylphenidate (563) : Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults