Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Sluggish and Trancelike
2C-I
by Yex
Citation:   Yex. "Sluggish and Trancelike: An Experience with 2C-I (exp102448)". Erowid.org. Jun 7, 2018. erowid.org/exp/102448

2C-I

A little over 5 years ago, in the fall and winter of 2008, I acquired a source for 2C-I. I experimented with the substance a handful of times, perhaps 5 in total, at varying doses. I found it to be an interesting subject to work with. My experience with research phenethylamines is limited; aside from my 2C-I experiences, I have tried 2C-B once and 2C-E once. With all three of these substances, I found them to be somewhat more shallow than conventional psychedelic tryptamines (of which I have taken LSD a great number of times, psilocybin mushrooms many times, smoked DMT a handful of times, and Ayahuasca – under the guidance of a shaman – 4 times). The the depth, the level of intense introspection, and the sense of overwhelming spiritual awe, while usually present, were lesser on the 2Cs than on the more conventional psychedelics. Nonetheless, I feel these research substances are useful and worth exploring. They often have a more drug-like feel to them, similar to MDMA, but the way in which this manifested in 2C-I was noteworthy to me.

2C-I, in stark contrast to 2C-B and E, was not especially visual, although certain colors (particularly reds and greens) were greatly enhanced. The real value, I think, comes from the particular mindset that I found 2C-I put me in. As I mentioned above, I felt especially “drugged” on this substance, but in a way that was still spiritually useful. At the time I described the sensation as being “sluggish and trancelike”. My senses were simultaneously enhanced and dulled, and I felt as though in a trance. The body load was heavy, in a way that seemed to reenforce this sensation. I often had the feeling that I was part of a hive mind, not in the sense that I experienced a collective consciousness, but rather in that I felt like an ant or a bee, myself a drone being controlled by something greater.

I don’t know exactly what such a mindset would be useful for, though I do feel there’s a use for it somewhere. In addition to the above, I had a feeling that the spiritual veil had been made thinner. The paradox of 2C-I, for me, was that it simultaneously had aspects of a shallow party drug and a profound entheogen. When I took it, I put little thought or intention into the experience, so it would be interesting to go back someday and try 2C-I in a serious shamanic context. I feel like ritualized drumming might work well with the trance state I described. I will close with this thought: I once told an Ayahuascero that while I recognized the lack of shamanic tradition regarding research chemicals, I felt that it was important to explore these new realms. He responded that if one was to proceed on such a path, it would be important to bear in mind that as an explorer, you don’t know exactly what you’re going to find, and must always proceed with caution.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 102448
Published: Jun 7, 2018Views: 448
2C-I (172) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)