Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
GHB and Long-term Use
GHB
by Wannaquit
Citation:   Wannaquit. "GHB and Long-term Use: An Experience with GHB (exp1019)". Erowid.org. Oct 16, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1019

repeated oral GHB (liquid)

I've used GHB for over a year with increasing doses, to the point of a couple of times a day. The symptoms I've notice from the regular use include a loss of that special high that I used to get in the early months of use. Possibly a downregulation of the receptor sites. I quit 3 weeks ago for a 3 month hiaitus. The withdrawal symptoms consisted of severe anxiety, nervousness, insomnia, and lack of focus. Unfortunately, I'm supplementing these withdrawal symptoms with pot and valium. Trading one monkey for another.

The biggest problem I had while using G was severe constipation. It got to the point that I wouldn't go for 2 days and then would resort to using a stool softener to keep it all moving. How pathetic that I would continue to justify using G at the expensive of not being able to move my bowels! After 3 weeks I still notice a loss of energy and positive emotional state, but know this will return to normal when my body gets over it. I just wonder if I have the willpower to just use G on occasion or just quit it altogether. I prefer its overall health benefits to other drugs like X, pot, valium, alcohol, etc. I even used it to workout (on small doses) and had great results, faster running times, leaner muscle. Would love to hear other stories.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1019
Published: Oct 16, 2000Views: 21,385
GHB (25) : Health Problems (27), Addiction & Habituation (10), Various (28)