Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Help our researcher friends at Maastricht University School of Medicine by sharing this with appropriate groups, and
Take this 45 minute survey!
Blowing Away My Expectations
Propylhexedrine & Nootropics
by R Grossman
Citation:   R Grossman. "Blowing Away My Expectations: An Experience with Propylhexedrine & Nootropics (exp101631)". Erowid.org. Mar 24, 2018. erowid.org/exp/101631

2.5 g oral Piracetam
  T+ 3:30   oral Noopept
  T+ 3:30   oral Pharms - Propylhexedrine
  T+ 5:50 0.5 mg sublingual Pharms - Clonazepam
  T+ 0:00   repeated sublingual Pharms - Clonazepam

I'm a former d-amphetamine and opiate addict whoís been clean for about 3.5 years now, so while itís been a long time I certainly have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff. Anyway, long story short, after I got clean I started drinking a lot of alcohol but about a year ago I got very into exercising and bodybuilding, and alcohol really doesnít mesh well with these activities so Iíve had to cut down quite a lot on my drinking. One of the weird consequences of this has been an insatiable appetite which has emerged from almost nowhere, and Iím talking like 5,000 calories a day, completely out of control. Now, manic exercise or not, itís impossible to get super lean with that kind of caloric intake, so I started scouring the internet for effective (legal or quasi-legal) anorectics which could curb my appetite and maybe give me a bit of a boost. Anyway, this brought me to discovering Propylhexedrine, around which very interesting discussion was swirling. After some deliberation, I decided to buy three benzedrex inhalers from k-mart on the way back from the gym today. The following is my experience.

Preparation: I broke open two of the inhalers, cut them into about 8 small pieces each, and put them in a solution of vinegar and water, as Iíd read online. I let them soak for an hour, never stirring but occasionally pressing the cotton against the wall of the glass to squeeze out all the Prop. After giving the mixture a sniff, the idea of drinking all that menthol AND vinegar suddenly sounded absolutely putrid, and Iíd also read not so great things about the impact of drinking that much menthol on your stomach-lining. So, I went ahead and boiled the mixture for a couple minutes until the menthol evaporated. I was aware that a quick boil would evaporate the menthol rapidly from weird past experiences, but I hadnít read anything on the potential impact of the boiling on the Prop. I figured itíd be worth a shot though since I had another inhaler left. Speaking from my current position, I believe it does very little to the Prop, and is an easy solution to the menthol problem.

T + 0:00 Drank the mixture over ice. Really not that bad without the menthol. Donít know whether or not the boiling also took care of the Lavender Oil issue, but I didnít taste anything, so it just mightíve. I should also mention that about two hours before dosing I took my standard morning stack of creatine, piracetam, noopept, and because it was a special day, phenylpiracetam.

T + 0:15 Sitting on my computer browsing the internets right now, I definitely have that ďsomething foreign is in my body right nowĒ feeling. Hands are starting to feel pretty chilly, visual perception slightly altered.

T + 0:30 Wow. I seriously cannot believe this is legal. Itís an incredibly strong stimulant, the rush was godly, and the euphoria (both bodily and mental) is acute. Began a conversation with a friend of mine, feeling incredibly social.

T + 1:00 Turned on some music, still chatting with my friend and feeling 100% off the charts great. Negative effects so far include: cotton mouth, fluttery heart, cold hands, light headed rushing feeling, flushing of the face, speed dick, sweating, jaw clenching, total appetite suppression (not a negative for me) and minor stomach discomfort. Obviously, this is nothing you wouldnít expect on a strong stimulant. What amazes me so far isnít just the drugs effectiveness, but the way in which it seems to work. It doesnít have quite the study-type focus benefits of Adderall, but itís incredibly euphoric and absolutely increases sexual desire. So far, the drug it most closely resembles is MDMA, which is obviously an incredible compliment. Music sounds great and my desire to do something creative is strongly enhanced. Iím wondering just how much my nootropic stack has potentiated and/or enhanced the effects
, as all three of the nootropics I take are very effective amphetamine potentiating agents.

T + 2:30 Still feeling very nice, but Iíve definitely settled into the high. Quite a bit of the euphoria has worn off and so the drug feels distinctly less MDMA-like, fortunately this has been replaced with a more traditional adderall type need to do something and a weird sense of fulfillment and completeness when I am totally occupied. I started preparing the other inhaler and plan on redosing in about an hour or so. In the meantime Iím going to drink a protein shake so I have something in my stomach and take a bit more noopept.

T + 3:30 definitely plateaued, probably would be looking at a come down sometime in the not-so distant future, maybe in like an hour and a half or so. Of course, that wonít be happening as Iím right about to redose. Also took a little bit of noopept for shits and giggles. Done a fair amount of work today, and started writing a short story too, which is a hobby I havenít indulged in nearly a year. This next dose will bring my total up to 750mg on the day, but I doubt Iíve actually consumed that much. Something tells me that between the boiling and the short amount of time I let the cotton soak Iíve actually ingested somewhere more in the 500ish range, though this is total speculation.

T + 5:00 The second dose has gone just fine but unfortunately the wild euphoria of the first two hours is gone, and even my second dosing didnít bring it back. Essentially, I feel like Iím on a big dose of adderall, maybe like 60 or 70mg.

T + 5:50 Not much changed from before, sublingually ingested 0.5mg of Klonopin. Iím curious to see what the comedown will be like, given what Iíve read. That said, Iím hardly eager for it to start plus the Klonopin should really make it a breeze.

T + 7:30 Still pretty speedy. Iíve taken a total of 1.5mg of Klonopin in the past hour and a half, which is taking the edge off what might otherwise be the beginning of a crummy comedown.

T + 8:30 Speediness is rapidly dissipating and with it my motivation wanes. I have ingested a total of 2mg of Klonopin by this point, and that has allowed my hands to warm, my heart to slow down, and my muscles to loosen up. In a couple hours food might be a possibility, whichíd be great. I can feel what might be headache (if it werenít for the Klonopin) forming. But from here on out Iím just coasting until I can fall asleep, so I guess itís time for me to sign off.

Conclusions: Propylhexedrine is an incredibly enjoyable, totally viable option for getting high. I would place it as something of a mix between MDMA and Adderall, with perhaps slightly worse peripheral nervous system issues (jaw clenching, cold hands, etc.). Also, given that itís about 5 bucks per inhaler stateside, itís very affordable. I am still in shock that this thing can be purchased OTC.

Effects

Positive:
Euphoria in the vein of MDMA, but only for the first few hours after ingestion.
Sociability

Pupil dilation
Altered visual field
Hyper excitability
Loss of appetite
Feeling of floating when walking

Negative:
Upset stomach if menthol not evaporated
Bruxism
Sweating
Increased blood pressure

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 101631
Published: Mar 24, 2018Views: 2,350
Pharms - Propylhexedrine (389), Smarts (801) : Glowing Experiences (4), Performance Enhancement (50), Combinations (3), Alone (16)