Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Mild and Pleasant
5-MeO-MIPT
by beth
Citation:   beth. "Mild and Pleasant: An Experience with 5-MeO-MIPT (exp100715)". Erowid.org. Mar 21, 2017. erowid.org/exp/100715

3 mg oral 5-MeO-MIPT (powder / crystals)

Iím not a particularly experienced drug user, apart from infrequent use of cannabis, alcohol and some amphetamines, and this was my first usage of any tryptamine.

I was out with my girlfriend around 3pm when she asked if I had anything important to do that day, and if Iíd be interested in trying some research chemicals sheíd picked up and tried earlier. I was down.

So we get back to her place and she pours me out 3mg of a pink powder (she tells me itís pink because it was packaged to look like aquarium supplements) and cuts it into a heart shape. Itís cute. I lick it up, and itís sort of gross-tasting but not that bad. I wander downstairs to get some water. I notice the clock in the kitchen, and I could swear it said 3:30, but by the time Iím back upstairs sheís telling me itís 4:45, and I took the stuff fifteen minutes ago. That confusion about time at the beginning, combined with some lingering jet lag, made me completely unaware of time for the duration of the trip. I couldnít tell an hour from ten minutes.

For the first part, most of the effects were like a lighter MDMA. I was really happy and cuddly and liked touching things, mostly rubbing my face on my girlfriendís skin. I really enjoyed being touched - particular, fingers on my back made me shiver. It felt pretty sexual, and sex probably wouldíve been pleasant, but I was very content where I was and didnít have the energy or competence to make any sort of move on her. My pupils dilated a lot and I liked the room being darker, and I was really feeling the bass on the loud music we were playing. We mostly just lay around cuddling and looking at stuff on the internet, as typical. It was really pleasant.

Later into it I started getting more trippy effects. My depth perception was way off, so I couldnít tell how the ceiling fan was so much bigger but the room was so much smaller, or how her head was so much bigger than her body. I was unsure how far away things were, and had to keep reaching out to touch them and confirm.
A few images on the internet started moving, and lots of webpages gained more depth than they usually do. Facebook, for example, seemed really deep. Things that werenít especially funny, like texting strings of nonsense to my friends, made me laugh hysterically. For a little bit I lost the ability to read, because the letters started breaking up into individual shapes and I had to think really hard to put them back together into words.

We had to go out a little while later, and as we went downstairs, I remarked that Iíd never really understood what it was like to go down stairs before. In the car I was fascinated by the moon roof; raindrops had collected on it and the wind rippled them, while trees passed by overhead and the clouds stayed seemingly immobile overhead.

When we got back I lay on the bed quietly and stared at my hand. I was fascinated by how still I could be and how I could hold my hand in a way that my fingers touched it, but I couldnít feel them. My leg muscles tensed up, but it was pleasant in a strange way.

The only negative effect I had was a short moment towards the end of the trip. I was struck by the thought that I might be faking all the effects of the drug, and I might have been given a placebo. For some reason I was incredibly disturbed by that idea; it made me feel anxious and lonely and scared, but I didnít know how to communicate that thought and ask for reassurance. Thankfully, it didnít last long.

The comedown was smooth and gradual, and my eyes stayed dilated longer than I felt the effects. The only thing out of the ordinary thing I noticed was an out-of-the-blue rush of adrenaline maybe an hour after the other effects had worn off.

Itís been roughly twelve hours since I took it, and I feel normal now.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 100715
Published: Mar 21, 2017Views: 1,158
5-MeO-MIPT (287) : First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)