responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
The Smell of Motor Oil
Inhalants (Starter Fluid)
by moron
Citation:   moron. "The Smell of Motor Oil: An Experience with Inhalants (Starter Fluid) (exp100199)". Erowid.org. May 9, 2018. erowid.org/exp/100199

inhaled Inhalants

[Erowid Note: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe recreational use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these reports to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous.]

Do NOT Huff Starter Fluid for Its Ether

I'm a mechanic. I couldn't sleep and tried hitting my starter fluid off a rag out of curiosity. Don't have much to say about the drug itself but every time I fucking breathe it has the smell of motor oil from a way-overdue oil change on a car or motorcycle. That shit has lubricants in it that are not pure ether and I failed to recognize the gravity of what that meant.

I'm smoking cigarettes to try to get rid of the smell. It's working very slowly. I did not even inhale enough to get noticeably high. Good lord is this a disgusting experience. I doubt I'll be able to sleep with this foul smell drifting out of my own lungs. I'm sure ether is a whole lot of fun but for fuck's sake it is an awful idea to inhale that crap in the form of starter fluid. I'm also probably going to get cancer.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 100199
Published: May 9, 2018Views: 1,319
Inhalants (29) : Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2), Alone (16)