Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Blacking Out and Swollen Tonsils
Diphenhydramine
by Eli
Citation:   Eli. "Blacking Out and Swollen Tonsils: An Experience with Diphenhydramine (exp100040)". Erowid.org. Apr 11, 2017. erowid.org/exp/100040

50 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)

I was bored one night and didn't have pot. So I decided to try doing some Benadryl. I had first tried Benadryl before this time. It did not work. Mostly because I didn't take enough.

9:45 PM: My mother and her girlfriend go to bed and I'm playing WWE '13. I go to the bathroom and take about 10 pills of generic sleeping aid which was straight Benadryl. Start listening to music and continue playing the game.

10:30: Start feeling uneasy and my mouth began to dry up so much my tonsils were swollen up. I turn off the game and try to sleep. I focus on the music in the darkness. The song at the time was Wish by Nine Inch Nails. The audio began to sound slow.

11:39: Every time I try to sleep it feels like my legs are burning and the only way to stop them was by moving them.

12:00: I try to play video games but black out. I woke up and turned off the TV.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 100040
Published: Apr 11, 2017Views: 1,431
Diphenhydramine (109) : General (1), Alone (16)