The Cultivation, Preparation and Shamanic Use of Psychotropic Plants
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
Loompanics Unlimited/North Atlantic Books
1559501103 / 1556439997
FROM THE EROWID REVIEW #
- Review by Erik Davis, 2011 Jan 12
Despite some issues with the nitty-gritty details, DeKorne's book belongs alongside Terence McKenna's i>True Hallucinations and D.M. Turner's The Essential Psychedelic Guide as one of the best books to emerge from the psychedelic florescence of the early 1990s. . . . (more)
- Review by Yogi Shan, 1994 Dec 12
This book, published by Loompanics, has been mentioned on usenet a number of times. I had the opportunity to briefly look it over last weekend. Naturally, I headed straight for the chem section, a chapter titled, "Extractions", or something. Well, I must say that I am completely unimpressed with this bozo Dekorne's abilities. The information he presents is riddled with errors . . . (more)
BACK COVER #From the author of The Hydroponic Hot House comes the boldest exploration of psychedelic plants since Terence McKenna's Food of the God. For the first time, theory and practice are linked in one consciousness-expanding book!
DeKorne is a "psychonaut," exploring the imaginal realms" through personal experimentation and scholarly research. He guides the reader through the history and lore of psychotropic plants, with advice on how to handle the eerie "Entities" one encounters in "hyperspace."
A master gardener, DeKorne explains in loving detail how to cultivate many of these plants and how to extract their powerful psychoactive alkaloids. He provides down-to-earth information on dosages, typical reactions, length and intensity of experience, dangerous combinations, traditional and ritual uses, and much more. Plants and combinations covered include :
- Belladonna Alkaloids (flying ointments, datura, brugmansia, devil's week)
- D-Lysergic Acid Amide (Morning Glories and Sleepy Grass)
- Mescaline (Peyote and San Pedro)
- Ayahuasca (Harmine, Harmaline, MAOIs, DMT, Syrian Rue, Phalaris Grass)
- Smokable DMT from Plants (A new discovery that will revolutionize psychedelia!)
- Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms, including a potent "Mushroom Ayahuasca")
- Minor Psychedelics (Diviner's Mint, Coleus, Calamus Root, Heimia, Calea Zachatechichi, Fly Agaric Mushroom, Iboga)
BLURBS #"An indispensable guide to the theory, practice, cosmology, theology, and ethnobotany of plant teachers."
-- Howard Rheingold
"At last, a book about drugs and the paranormal that makes sense. I recommend it to everyone."
-- Robert Anton Wilson