Help Erowid Reach New Heights!
Contribute during Erowid's September Public Support Drive
Be one of 924 contributors and help make this our biggest month ever.
Eye of the Needle
Ayahuasca
by Daniel LeMunyan
Citation:   Daniel LeMunyan. "Eye of the Needle: An Experience with Ayahuasca (ID 99046)". Erowid.org. Jan 22, 2013. erowid.org/exp/99046

DOSE: 1 cup oral Ayahuasca (liquid)

While my trip to Peru may have seemed abrupt at the time, in retrospect my involvement with this substance know as ayahuasca was completely in step with the direction I had been headed for quite some time. Even now, I can't identify a single rational reason why I decided to fly to the jungle and test my fate, though there was a nagging curiosity that would not go away. I felt I needed to go.

From what I had heard time and time again, ayahuasca not only had the ability to heal the sick, but it could also open a direct line of communication to something supreme inside ourselves. With just a small amount of planning and having never set foot in South America, I booked a trip to Refugio Altiplano, an ayahuasca retreat center outside of Iquitos, Peru. During my time there, I was able to shoot some amazing footage and document the entire experience in a short I called 'Eye of the Needle, An Ayahuasca Journey'.

Please watch the video on Vimeo: Vimeo : 56122124