Erowid is a one-of-a-kind resource
We are an educational non-profit dedicated to providing a balanced
examination of psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms,
improve benefits, and support appropriate policies. The site is made
possible by $5, $10, and $50 donations from visitors. Please pitch in!
Dangerous & Intense
Codeine, MDMA, 5-meo-DMT, & St.John's Wort (Tea)
by EBS
Citation:   EBS. "Dangerous & Intense: An Experience with Codeine, MDMA, 5-meo-DMT, & St.John's Wort (Tea) (ID 9591)". Erowid.org. Sep 23, 2001. erowid.org/exp/9591

DOSE: T+ 0:00 1 cup oral St. John's Wort (tea)
  T+ 5:30 125 mg oral MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 5:45 120 mg oral Codeine (powder / crystals)
  T+ 9:45 50 mg insufflated 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

I have tried many substances but never had such an intense and unusual trip. I'm guessing that the bulk of the experience was from the 5-meo-DMT, but I want to try it alone just to be sure.

I obtained 10 Tylenol 2's and extracted the codeine using a coffee filter. I decided to try a new combination and do the codeine along with a cap of pure MDMA. I was excited to try this because of the simultaneous dopamine and serotonin release. I was prepared for a very euphoric evening.

About 30 mins into my trip I started feeling a warm body sensation. This feeling lasted for another hour at most.

Another couple of hours passed but the MDMA never took full effect. All I felt was a bit of speed. This was very strange because I was sure that the MDMA was good (tested) and I haven't dosed in 3 months.

I then remembered that I've been drinking St. John's Wort tea every morning for the past week. Since it's a mild SSRI, could it account for the lost MDMA effect? Possible, but tea is so weak, its hard to believe. Never during the first part of my trip did I feel even slight euphoria.

I then remembered that I still had around 50mg of 5-meo-DMT, but smoking it was out of the question since I had no access to a DMT pipe. I've read a report of someone who insufflated 9mg and had a profound spiritual experience. So I took the whole 50mg and snorted it. The burning sensation was incredible, but it quickly went away and I started feeling very strange. I remember wobbling to the kitchen and then back to my room and lying down on the bed.

It felt euphoric but at the same time EXTREMELY overwhelmed. I thought I was overdosing or worse, dying. The feeling is very hard to describe. My mind was concentrated on one feeling, I couldn't think.

The feeling went away and I got up, glad to be alive and went to watch some T.V. My vision was shaking and I had mild hallucinations. I then noticed that my whole body was in bruises. My ankle was cut, my back, my knuckles; both my shoulders and both my hips were bruised and scratched. I got back to my room it was a mess. Things lying on the floor, telephone wire completely ripped out of the jack and my stationary bike (heavy) was moved about a meter from where it usually stood. The bathroom also had bottles knocked over.

What happened during that 5(?) minutes? I don't remember. I recall feeling like I was nothing. My ego was gone.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9591