Erowid is a one-of-a-kind resource
We are an educational non-profit dedicated to providing a balanced
examination of psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms,
improve benefits, and support appropriate policies. The site is made
possible by $5, $10, and $50 donations from visitors. Please pitch in!
Sleepwalking
Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
by Beastiedr
Citation:   Beastiedr. "Sleepwalking: An Experience with Oxycodone (Oxycontin) (ID 9413)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2002. erowid.org/exp/9413

DOSE: 40 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)

I figured that my overall opiate tolerance had completely been obliterated, since it has been six months plus since any opiate use. I picked up a 40 mg Oxycontin for $30 (a rip off), but I simply had to see what it was like. I went home from the buy at about 7 pm. At 8, I figured it would be good to take. I crushed the pill as completely as I could, and just put it in my mouth and swallowed. I had told myself I would do 20mg maximum, but I figured I might as well go all out, and I calculated the odds of ending up in the ER or morgue were low, especially with stimulants on hand if needed.

I was hit fast, in about ten minutes. I started getting a warm groggy feeling that washed over me. It was not at all unpleasant, and I was trying to stay on the computer the whole time. After about 20 minutes, I just gave up and lied in bed, expecting to drift off to sleep. Instead, I learned the definition of a nod. I will describe it as best as possible.

It's an area between waking and sleeping...it feels like just before you go to sleep, when you often start to dream. Thoughts rush through your head, and often times I wondered whether or not I was awake or asleep, but settled upon the former, since I was able to think at all. I did not want to open my eyes.

Every thought was carefree, I know I was not worrying at all. They weren't really coherent, it just seemed to skip from thing to thing. I know I liked it, because I didn't try to sleep until about 4 am, since I was supposed to get up at 7. I also know it DEFINITELY kills pain, because I had a knot on my head about the size of a tennis ball from an accident about a week back , which I remember NOTHING about, but my friends drove me to the ER...apparently I lost a fight with a coffee table.

Anyways, be very careful with this drug. It has some real power. I would really advise less than 40 mg, as this really knocked me off of my ass, and I still had a semi-buzz the next day.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9413