Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Siniqueasy Sinicuichi
Heimia salicifolia (Sinicuichi)
by Brer Platypus
Citation:   Brer Platypus. "Siniqueasy Sinicuichi: An Experience with Heimia salicifolia (Sinicuichi) (ID 9016)". Erowid.org. Aug 25, 2001. erowid.org/exp/9016

DOSE: 5.0 g oral Heimia salicifolia (leaves)

Dosage: 10 grams dried leaf steeped in 2 cups water for 1 day in the sun.
Mind Set: Curiosity. New experience.
Setting: Friend's Apartment around 11PM. Nice and clean environment. Good music.

Most lasting impression; this stuff tastes nasty. Both my friend and I were feeling nauseous as we imbibed the bitter brew. For me, after a brisk jog in the night air outside, the nausea passed (for the most part) and I moved into a nice, mellow space. For my friend, unfortunately, the ill feeling remained and she ended up going to bed nauseous and mildly irritated.

Sinicuichi seems quite relaxing, slightly nauseating and truly disgusting to me. I probably won't try it again unless a more potent and palatable potion produced from this plant pops up.
Take care.