Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Disappointing
MDMA (Ecstasy) & Escitalopram (Lexapro)
by Collegestudent
Citation:   Collegestudent. "Disappointing: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) & Escitalopram (Lexapro) (ID 82035)". Erowid.org. Nov 2, 2009. erowid.org/exp/82035

DOSE: 10 mg oral Pharms - Citalopram (daily)
  1 tablet oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I have been on Lexapro 10mg for about 2 months and took ecstasy this past weekend, just one roll. I did drink a little bit of alcohol, but a negligent amount, and stayed hydrated. I would just like to advise future Lexapro/SSRI users about the experience; I have taken ecstasy 4 or 5 times before while not on antidepressants and this time the roll was NOT WORTH IT. It was not necessarily a bad time, but it was disappointing because everyone with me was rolling hard while I was not really feeling it.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 82035