You've Helped Erowid Reach A New High
More than 1,060 of you donated during our September Support Drive
Thanks for supporting reliable harm-reduction information about psychoactive drugs!

Donate by Bitcoin
It Simply Does Its Job
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Alexandra Lynch
Citation:   Alexandra Lynch. "It Simply Does Its Job: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (ID 79666)". Erowid.org. Jun 29, 2009. erowid.org/exp/79666

DOSE: 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (daily)

Fibromyalgia is ameliorated by different medications in different people. For me, the 'magic pill' is Ambien.

I don't get high on Ambien, nor does it 'make' me go to sleep. I take it about twenty minutes before I want to lie down, and spend that twenty minutes doing my usual pre-sleep routine. When I begin to go to sleep, I see normal hypnagogic shapes and colors, and slide right down into normal sleep. I can be awakened from it (though I am not very gracious) and wake normally after eight to nine hours with no hangover. I apparently talk in my sleep on it, but having talked in my sleep from childhood, this is nothing new.

Ambien makes the difference between being able to function the next day and being so tired and sore that I can't think straight.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 79666