Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Nearly Identical to MJ But Longer Lasting
Spice Product ('Silver')
by mixmaster
Citation:   mixmaster. "Nearly Identical to MJ But Longer Lasting: An Experience with Spice Product ('Silver') (ID 77872)". Erowid.org. Jun 1, 2009. erowid.org/exp/77872

DOSE: T+ 0:00 150 mg smoked Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids (dried)
  T+ 24:00 150 mg oral Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids (tea)

I read about the Spice 'incense' product in an online news article. After setting out to find it, I realized that it was already difficult to procure in the US. After some searching I found a Polish vendor selling it on eBay, and purchased a 3 gram package of Spice Silver. It took about 2 weeks to arrive.

The Saturday after receiving the package I decided to give it a shot and see if the stuff would have any effect on me. I decided to use my one-hitter that I typically use for weed. I pinched about 1/20th the content out of the shiny pouch and packed the bowl. I estimated this to be only 150 mg, which is a small amount. I took my first hit and noticed that the flavor was nothing like cannabis. It was a lot ‘fruitier’ tasting, but not harsh. I held the first hit for about 20 seconds and finished the small bowl off with another 2 hits.

After the first 5 minutes, I felt a very warm sensation in my limbs and had a little weightlessness feeling, but nothing very mental happening yet. After another 5 minutes I felt a very familiar sensation of ‘getting high’ exactly as if I had just hit some decent bud. Shortly after this feeling my eyes became very sensitive to light, which doesn’t normally happen with bud. I was definitely high, and getting my normal head-rush feeling. About 20 minutes in my eyes were no longer sensitive to light, but I was getting cotton-mouth, exactly like I would if I had some big bong hits.

I was getting all giggly, and definitely enjoying the buzz. The buzz felt exactly like that of cannabis, but I had only smoked a very small amount. About 1 hour in, I realized that I was still just as high as when it first hit me. I listened to some music, watched a little TV and before I knew it, another hour had passed and I was still just as high. After hour 3, I could feel myself starting to come down and I became very hungry. I made up a pizza and then went outside for a walk around. Upon entering the fresh air outside I couldn’t believe how high I still was. Finally around 5PM I felt pretty normal. What a long lasting high from only 3 little hits!

The next day I decided to make some tea using the Spice. I brought 1.5 cups of water to a roiling boil and made a loose-leaf tea with another ~150 mg pinch from the shiny pouch. I let the tea steep for a full 15 minutes until it was cool enough to drink. I drank the tea slowly and enjoyed the herbal flavor. When I was near the bottom of the cup I purposely drank in portions of the herbs and thoroughly chewed them before swallowing it. I started drinking the tea at ~10AM and finished up drinking, chewing the herbs about 20 minutes later.

It took about another 40 minutes until I felt the first signs of effect. I noticed that lights looked a little edgy and that I was sensitive to light again. By 11:30 I had a full body buzz that cycled between being a very mental feel (Like I experienced when I smoked it) and a full body buzz that made me feel a little clumsy, but warm and relaxed. I felt this way until ~6PM and couldn’t believe how long the body buzz lasted. By 7PM I felt like I was back at baseline. I did not get the acute hunger like I did when I smoked it. I did however experience dry mouth a few times throughout the day.

I did not experience any ill side-effects from smoking or the tea. Overall I really enjoyed both buzzes, and I’m glad I tried it on a weekend when I had extra time to kill because the buzzes lasted way longer than I had expected.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 77872