Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Thought it was Speed....
PMA (?)
by magiK tricKz
Citation:   magiK tricKz. "Thought it was Speed....: An Experience with PMA (?) (ID 7782)". Erowid.org. Jul 2, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7782

DOSE: 1.5 lines insufflated PMA (powder / crystals)

A friend came over the other night and we decided to have some 'speed' we snorted 1 1/2 points each. When I sorted my lines I found it to be alot more painful than usual and the taste was slightly different to the Speed taste I am used to.

The colour was a slight beige yellow, looked like usual rock speed. About 10-15 minutes later it started taking it's effect. For five hours we were both speeding very, very hard... About 2 1/2 hours into this I started feeling a slight stabbing like pain just above my heart. Then about an hour after that I was getting slight pains in my left arm. By this time my friend had left and I went to my room to lie down as I was feeling a little short of breath and dizzy.

I lay down and could feel my heart beating much harder than it had ever beaten before. I was shaking with every beat. I took my pulse and it was at 151 bpm. I couldn't breath very easily at all. My temperature went right up. I kept drinking water and orange juice, but that didn't help at all. I was getting very worried by this stage and called my friend to come and get me. The pains in my arm grew more and more intense and quickly spread to my leg. These pains were only happening on the left hand side of my body. I was also feeling numb and getting goosebumps. I couldn't talk because I couldn't breath.

At one point I was falling asleep but still my heart was beating at the same 151 rate.I didn't go to hospital, I probably should have. It took more than 10 hours for my heart rate to go back to normal. I found out that the 'speed' I had had was PMA the next day. Without my friend coming and helping me I am sure I would have died. I know that this is being passed around Melbourne at the moment as rock 'speed.' Be very careful of what you are buying and have it tested. This is not a drug anyone ever wants to experience. Test your drugs when you buy, unfortunatly I was out of tester, but from now on if I'm going to play I'm going to play safely.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7782