Did you know that Erowid has a print publication?
Erowid Extracts is published twice a year for members.
Memory Loss and Next Day Nausea
4-Methylmethcathinone & Alcohol (Beer)
by Fluffun
Citation:   Fluffun. "Memory Loss and Next Day Nausea: An Experience with 4-Methylmethcathinone & Alcohol (Beer) (ID 76757)". Erowid.org. Feb 10, 2009. erowid.org/exp/76757

DOSE: T+ 0:00 25 mg oral 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   repeated oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
  T+ 0:00 50 mg oral 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   repeated oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
  T+ 3:30 90 mg oral 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00   insufflated 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)

BODY WEIGHT: 79.4 kg

First a little background about myself. I'm 24 and live in Wales in the UK, I used to take many various psychoactives and often go to free parties, where I know a few DJs and plenty of punters. I recently made the decision to stop taking 'hard' drugs and concentrate more on my degree, although I remained a daily weed smoker, though this too is finally being phased out of my life. Another thing about me is I like to drink a fair amount and have a fairly high tolerance to Alcohol. Anyway on with the report.

I recently learned about 4-methylmethcathinone (Mephedrone) and its effects from browsing trip reports and learned of its effects. Having given up hard drugs some months ago I fancied a flirt with a new empathogen as I'd had a hard week in my university and desired a blowout. I quickly located an online source for the drug and ordered a gram which I resolved to take on the weekend for I was going to a gig in a local bar with some friends.

I ingested my first dose (roughly 25mg) of the drug at about 8:30 and went to take a shower before I went out. By 9:30 I was feeling very mild euphoria similar a low dose of speed, I arrived at the bar and drank a few beers and by eleven I had ingested another slightly higher dose (about 50mg). The effects of the drug were very apparent after this second dose and as my friends went home I rang around trying to find more people to hang out with. I noticed at this point that I was more talkative and extremely resilient to the cold also my body felt slightly more sensitive than usual. I reached the second bar and proceeded to drink heavily, I danced around like a loony for a while (dancing was extremely pleasurable) and at around midnight I dosed again (roughly 80-100 mg). After this point my memory is extremely fuzzy I have no recollection of leaving the bar and only a slight recollection of where I ended up last night.

The next thing I knew I was in a strange house with two other people who I don't remember meeting and I was chopping out lines of the stuff to snort for all of us. After we had ingested all of the mephedrone I experienced euphoria at an extremely high level I felt extremely good but entirely different to MDMA or speed and I slept well on a hard living room floor. I was awoken at 8.30 in the morning with no recollection of where I was (it turned out I was only a few streets from my house) and the empty packet of mephedrone on the table. I was still mildly under the influence of the drug and felt very chilled as I walked home when I got home I went to bed for a few hours.

When I woke up I experienced nausea like nothing I've ever experienced before I tried to drink water but I felt very strange (and still do a little) I had no hangover from the alcohol but had a very bad stomach and proceeded to vomit several times over a few hours.

Conclusion: Mephedrone Is a nice drug, the euphoria I experienced was extremely pleasurable and from what I remember I had a great time. Mixing Mephedrone with alcohol was a very bad idea I experienced a great deal of memory loss and this is not something that usually happens to me and the nausea of today is unbearable. I would like to try it again but maybe in a better environment such as a rave and without other drugs. But not for a while now.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 76757