Erowid is a one-of-a-kind resource
We are an educational non-profit dedicated to providing a balanced
examination of psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms,
improve benefits, and support appropriate policies. The site is made
possible by $5, $10, and $50 donations from visitors. Please pitch in!
Actually a Fantastic Drug
Gabapentin (Neurontin)
by Mindmeplease
Citation:   Mindmeplease. "Actually a Fantastic Drug: An Experience with Gabapentin (Neurontin) (ID 76278)". Erowid.org. Jan 10, 2011. erowid.org/exp/76278

DOSE: 2400 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (pill / tablet)

I was sitting in my home this morning with not much to do, so i decided to take a few of the Neurontin pills that were in my bathroom cabinet.

I did not feel any effects after about an hour and a half, and i was starting to get slightly disappointed. So i went into my bedroom and started to play my guitar. I am a musician and have been playing for 4 years. I have much experience with psychoactive drugs and i love to play music when i'm high or tripping because it opens up your mind to so much creativity and thought. So as i am playing i start to feel the effects. I felt like i was almost not there and like some outside force had taken over. I was shredding like crazy, but i was not really thinking about it at all. My depth perception was starting to warp like crazy. My body went numb, kind of comparable to like a 30 or 40 mg vicodin high. I felt great!

I took these pills about 3 hours ago and i am still most definetely feeling the effects. Gabapentin is a mood stabilizer as well and that effect is very noticable because when i do something or take on a task, i am completely lost in it and am not thinking about any of my life problems at all. It's as if all my problems have dissappeared for the moment and i am just indifferent to the emotions that i am constantly feeling. I hope there is no crash though. But for now i feel suuuuuper.......

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 76278