Help Erowid Reach A New High!
September is our annual public support drive, when we ask YOU to join with the community to support reliable, independent drug information and help us get more unique contributors than ever before in a single month.

Donate by Bitcoin
Temporary Enlightenment
Breathing
by Challenger
Citation:   Challenger. "Temporary Enlightenment: An Experience with Breathing (ID 75774)". Erowid.org. Jan 9, 2009. erowid.org/exp/75774

I used to work in a loud steel mill when I was 21. It was the night shift, and my job was the grinder/sander equiped w/ saftey goggles and a hepa filter dust mask I slaved away 10 hours a night. One night I kind of got dumped by this girl I was chasing (another story) but because of this I began to feel like shit. So what did I do?

I began to breathe deeply, very deeply and after about 5 minutes I noticed a drastic change in all of my physiological and psychological demeaner. A marked sence of security took over my body and mind. Even though I was sober as a priest on Sunday morning, I felt very euphoric. Even when my mask/goggle combination fogged up to all hell every deep exhale I let out, the very sense of life took on another meaning, a much less stressfull one with a positive feeling pumping through my veins. My movements were very methodical and slow, very peaceful.

Suddenly I tapered off the technique I was administering and within minutes I was back in my mind of problems. Iíve been able to do this a few other times in my life as easy as it was. It doesnít seem to really be happening untill I am engulfed in it.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 75774