Erowid is a one-of-a-kind resource
We are an educational non-profit dedicated to providing a balanced
examination of psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms,
improve benefits, and support appropriate policies. The site is made
possible by $5, $10, and $50 donations from visitors. Please pitch in!
Pure Euphoria
Codeine (with Acetaminophen) & Alprazolam
by badboy
Citation:   badboy. "Pure Euphoria: An Experience with Codeine (with Acetaminophen) & Alprazolam (ID 6997)". Erowid.org. Nov 24, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6997

DOSE: T+ 0:00 120 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:15 2.0 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 60 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 1:30 60 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 90 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00     Acetaminophen

[Erowid note: this person took 5,500mg (5 and a half grams) of acetaminophen (paracetamol) which can be dangerous to the liver if taken in very high doses; over 10 grams at a time can be fatal. See the Vermont Safety Information Resources, Inc. toxicity data page on acetaminophen for more information. The maximum daily dosage (adult) is 4 grams (this estimate is from emedicine.com, more on acetaminophen can be found through your favorite search engine). People with liver disease or who are regular users of alcohol are more at risk of liver failure from high doses of acetaminophen, even doses lower than 4 grams.]

By the way, this is my first time trying codeine. I stopped using illegal drugs and now use only pharmaceuticals when I can.

7:30
I just swallowed four pills containing codeine. They each contain 30mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol. This makes a total of 120mg of codeine. Lets wait and see..

7:45
I am taking 2mg of xanax for the combination. Just swallowed them...going to lie down and listen to gatecrasher...if the phone rings I will not answer...

8:00
Lying down and feeling EXTREMELY euphoric...God Bless...going to smoke a cigarette too, to make sure I don't fall asleep...feeling really nice...I wonder how long this is going to last. I am going to take another two tablets. Just swallowed them...making a grand total of 180mg of codeine...I am LOVING IT...my back is feeling like I need to stretch it...when I smoke the cigarette, I felt SOOOOO dizzy and bouncy that I put it off...

Ok...so I'm going to take another two pills, making a grand total of 240mg of codeine...it's just TOO good and its only 9 o'clock. I wonder how I'm going to feel tomorrow morning? I just took another three pills cause the half life is very short and I want the high... Strange...when I just got up to walk around, I felt some pain in my chest area (is that normal)...

WOWOWOWOWOWO!!!!!! I took 330mg of codeine on my first try... MY GOD!!! It was INCREDIBLE!! I just lay on the floor in pure euphoria for hour after hour after hour...listening to albums in the dark...every once in a while I would hear voices (hallucinate) and would be thinking of the ODDEST things on earth...then I would impulsively say out words that came to my mind. I HAD to say them...I felt like I was talking to someone who was listening to my every thought...tomorrow again!!! And again...and again...this was GREAT!!!! (except for the pain in my chest that subsided after a few minutes...I wonder what that was from). My mind set was strange. Sometimes I would find myself thinking of the weirdest things like I thought I was in a taxi one time and I started talking to the taxi driver to tell him where my house was...another time I remember imagining I was somewhere else and my mind REALLY thought I was there and so I would say things accordingly...I remember saying I love God very much for letting me feel this peace of mind.

I recommend doing codeine when the telephone is off, and you are NOT expecting anyone and have hours and hours and hours to kill...and of course REALLY good music... this was an INCREDIBLE experience for me...I'm off to bed now and the time in 2:00 AM...

Peace and Love to everyone in Erowid’s vault