Alexander Shulgin -- Memorial Gathering
August 2nd, 1pm-6pm, Berkeley CA
Smoking YOPO
Anadenanthera
by RLEEROUSH
Citation:   RLEEROUSH. "Smoking YOPO: An Experience with Anadenanthera (ID 6958)". Erowid.org. May 21, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6958

DOSE: 2 seeds smoked Anadenanthera colubrina (seeds)

I have been doing a lot of reading on shamantic plants and uses and had to try some on my own. One of the plants I was interested in was YOPO. I purchased some seeds online to germinate and found myself with many extras in the pack. These seeds are generally crushed and mixed with crushed shells to form a snuff, but since I refuse to snort snail shells I decided to smoke 2 seeds to see if what the outcome would be. I am currently taking Wellbutrin so this may or may not have contributed to the experience.

First I peeled the thin shell off the seeds and crushed them into small flakes with a razor blade. I placed both seeds (not a lot of quantity) into my bowl and fired up. The smoke is very harsh on the lungs and I was unable to finish both seeds but the amount was enough after 3 deep tokes for an immediate reaction.

I immediately became light headed and had to sit down to keep from falling. My vision became red and I was warm all over. My feet and legs became numb and my head started to hurt and quickly subsided. As long as I laid motionless I felt a uphoria all over my body and my vision remained red. When I moved around I felt very normal until I sat down again. This only lasted less than 30 minutes.

Shortly after I went to bed and had a very sleepless night filled with very erotic dreams. Hard to fall asleep and waking continuosly throught the night. The next day I had no after effects other than being very tired from not sleeping.

I think if I would have finished the seeds or even smoked three I would have had a full blown DMT experience..but I will have to try again to see what happens.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6958