Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Non-existent People
Zolpidem (Ambien) & Cannabis
by Dr. Gonzo
Citation:   Dr. Gonzo. "Non-existent People: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) & Cannabis (ID 6816)". Erowid.org. Apr 28, 2002. erowid.org/exp/6816

DOSE: T+ 0:00 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 2 bowls smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Ambien in itself is an extremely interesting drug and it usually takes 15-30 minutes to feel the effects. I had used Ambien on several previous occasions before deciding to combine it with cannabis.

9:00 pm: I take 10 mg Ambien

9:15 : Feeling slightly confused and euphoric

9:30 : The effects of the ambien have fully manifested and it is hard to concentrate. I feel moderately drunk, my motor skills are inhibited and I lose my balance several times on my way to the bong. I proceed to smoke two bowls of marijuana.

9:45 : I am completely zonked and I snap in and out of vivid dream- like states. I feel that I am not alone and that there are people talking to me. Ambien usually trips me out like that but the cannabis makes the hallucinations all the more real.

10:15 : The Ambien effects are not as strong now but still definitely have a prescence.

10:00 : At this time I am quite drowsy and lethargic. I think of going to bed but I forget to do so.

10:45 : I can no longer stay awake and doze off.

11:15 : I wake up dazed and confused feeling very drowsy but high.
I decide to return to bed.

In retrospect I found the trip very odd and interesting. The feeling of the presence of people was so real that i actually beleived that there were people around me, talking to me. Ambien, an extremely weird drug anyways, was intensified by the ganja.

I enjoyed the experience and would do it again. For those who want to experience this combination i would recommend experimenting with ambien by itself first. Ambien, although odd as hell, is definitely worth a try.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6816