Donate Your Used Drug Books to Erowid
If you have old books about psychoactive drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your used books will find a good home either in our library or with a supporter. [details]
A New Stimulus
4-Methylmethcathinone
by Palmer Eldridge
Citation:   Palmer Eldridge. "A New Stimulus: An Experience with 4-Methylmethcathinone (ID 68150)". Erowid.org. Feb 5, 2008. erowid.org/exp/68150

DOSE: T+ 0:00 100 mg rectal 4-Methylmethcathinone (capsule)
  T+ 1:15 200 mg rectal 4-Methylmethcathinone (capsule)
  T+ 6:42 210 mg rectal 4-Methylmethcathinone (capsule)
  T+ 10:00 5.0 g   Kratom

Comment: This material is somewhat like methcathinone, methylone or bk-MBDB, but shorter in duration. It is a euphoric stimulant with some empathetic qualities.

Set/setting: I have read positive reports about this material and am keen to try it. I am at home is a safe environment.

T=00:47 am: Not a good time for experiment but the only only slot available. (I chose rectal administration because I have found that the most effective with bk-x's.)

T=0 100 mg rectal (gel cap). A white powder which has a strong chemical odour, which also smells somewhat like stale urine!

T= 00:07 beginning to feel excited but that maybe just anticipation…. (no burning sensation as with methylone!)

T= 00:17:00 I feel as if my heartbeat is going faster.

T= 00:27 Feeling some twinges of something…. Feel fairly stimulated and slightly lightheaded but sill functioning on my PC sorting files. I’m catching my breathe slightly as I do with methylone and other materials. How much is from what I have read—and expect?

T= 00:30 Some euphoria now.

T= 00:34 Euphoria deepening. Feel good but not with a pushy feeling. I am somewhat nervous. Now I have an urge to write.

T= 00:39 Very positive, although I think there is more to this material than this. Yes, music sounds good. I like this. What is it like? The closest is methylone or bk-MBDB, but with a lighter feel, so far.

T= 00:44 Still building. Have that “I feel good and complete” mindset and want to keep it, but still wish for more!

T= 00:52 Certainly stimulated but in control. I think I’ve reached a plateau now.

T= 00:54 Wearing off now? That’s quick!

T= 1:08 The impulse to take more is compelling. My mouth is very dry.

T= 1:15 200 mg rectal (gel cap)

T= 2:00 A feeling of excitement is growing now.

T= 2:37 Getting more deeply affected. My vision is slightly blurred and I am finding it hard to concentrate. This is a positive feeling. Less inclination to write now.

T= 3:08 This is pleasant. A smooth, relaxed stimulant. I feel very euphoric, looking at stuff on my computer, but frequently drifting off in to reveries, trains of thought. This is a satisfactory level. The material has definite erotic qualities, like other beta ketone compounds.

T= 4:03 Still working quite well, but tapering off.

T= 6:42 210 mg rectal. I gave in to the desire for more. The desire for more is always there-- typically for stimulants.

T= 6:57 Full euphoria returns, but the peak is only about 30 minutes or so, followed by a tapering off periods of an hour or so which is still fun.

T= 8.50 Still can’t sleep. I have felt that I could sleep, but can’t. I’ve been up all night and have all the nervousness and disquiet you might expect. I wouldn’t say that there were no after effects, but a lot that could be attributed to lack of food a sleep (I have no appetite). (Next time I will take some benzodiazepines at the ends of the experience.)

T= 10:00 (approximate) 5g kratom. This made my mood better.

T=12:00 onwards. Managed to get some fitful sleep. Slept on and of all day. Taking more kratom got me through and evening going out for a meal with some friends. I felt quite drained all day. I have every intention of taking this again. The short duration and euphoria make it a promising material to experiment with.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68150