Donate Your Used Drug Books to Erowid
If you have old books about psychoactive drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your used books will find a good home either in our library or with a supporter. [details]
A Novelty Not Worth Repeating
Diphenhydramine
by x
Citation:   x. "A Novelty Not Worth Repeating: An Experience with Diphenhydramine (ID 66109)". Erowid.org. Oct 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/66109

DOSE: 75 mg IV Diphenhydramine

I intravenously Injected 75mg of diphenhydramine at about 12:30am. I had difficulty finishing the injection due to the rapid effects. I tried to stand to get a cotton ball and throw away the needle, but my coordination was too poor and I almost fell. I lost consciousness about 30-60 seconds after the drug was administered. I awoke abruptly at 4:00am still feeling quite sedated. I tried to move around but felt very sedated and disconnected. I drank a glass of water and fell back asleep. The next morning's after effects almost none.

Other than the novelty of losing a few hours, it wasn't really a recreational experience.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66109