Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Just Wanted Sleep
Amitriptyline
by Soviet_Ninja
Citation:   Soviet_Ninja. "Just Wanted Sleep: An Experience with Amitriptyline (ID 65985)". Erowid.org. Feb 12, 2008. erowid.org/exp/65985

DOSE: 50 mg oral Pharms - Amitriptyline (pill / tablet)

I was bored one day so I decided to crack out these amitriptyline pills that had been lying around. I took two and waited for it to kick in. When it had kicked in, I instantly became incredibly tired, and just wanted sleep. After about 2 hours later I just could not take it any more so I went to bed at 10 p.m.

The next morning I awoke when someone woke me up and I had slept in greatly. In school it was challenging to just keep awake. Finally school ended and I had woke up a bit more than in the morning.

In conclusion, it wasn't fun and all I got was extremely tired. It did make going to sleep a lot more comfortable, though.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65985