Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
A Warm Opiate Feeling
Kratom
by Psych0naut
Citation:   Psych0naut. "A Warm Opiate Feeling: An Experience with Kratom (ID 60872)". Erowid.org. Feb 22, 2007. erowid.org/exp/60872

DOSE: T+ 0:00 3.0 g oral Kratom (plant material)
  T+ 0:30 3.0 g oral Kratom (plant material)

I haven't done Kratom before, and thought 3 grams would be a good dose to start with, so I mixed it through a cup of chocolate milk and heated it in the microwave.

T 21:25 I ingested the cup of chocolate milk containing the Kratom. I didn't notice the bitter taste many people describe, it just tastes like chocolate milk always dose, the only difference is there's grounded up herbs floating in it.

T 21:47 I read that 3 grams of premium is a rather small amount, so I decide to redose and take the other 3 grams. I mix it through chocolate milk again, and heat it in the microwave.

T 21:55 I ingest a second cup of chocolate milk, containing 3 grams of premium Kratom. Total amount of premium Kratom ingested is 6 grams.

T 22:25 I don't feel much, almost nothing at all.

T 22:45 I'm finally feeling some of the warm opiate feeling, also, I'm more social, and just had a short conversation and really enjoyed it. The warm feeling is slightly increasing, and I'm also feeling relaxed. It's time to listen to some Coldplay and Massive attack.

T 23:00 I'm defenitavely feeling some of the warm opiate feeling, and pretty relaxed, listening to some Coldplay. Time also appears to fly, 15 minutes seems like just a couple of minutes. I don't think the feeling is going to increase much, which is a bit of a bummer for the price I had to pay for the Kratom, but I'm certainly going to order some more, and try a bigger dose next time.

T 23:15 I still feel the same as 15 minutes ago, though the feeling seems to fade away when I walk around. When I sit or lay down, the feeling starts to increase again, but fades away when I move around again.

T 23:30 The feeling seems to have faded, I'm feeling very little at the moment, though my mind is still a bit clouded.

I barely feel the warm opiate feeling I had earlier ago, the feeling appears to come up en fade away again after a while.

T 00:06 I'm feeling some of the warm feeling again, I'm going to grab a blanket, rap it around myself, and get cosy. On second though, I didn't grab the blanket, I just stayed on my chair, and continued surfing Drugs-forum.

T 00:50 I'm still feeling relaxed, but the warm feeling is gone, I'm practically at baseline. This experience wasn't as good as I hoped for, but I'm definetafely going to do it again with a higher dose.

T 01:23 I thought it was over, but some weird feeling is coming back again, I'm feeling weird in my stomach, I'm going to get a glass of milk.

T 02:24 I'm still feeling a bit 'weird', though no other effects are noticed.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 60872