Take 3 minutes to write a review of Erowid
Love/Hate Relationship
Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)
by Biglost2008
Citation:   Biglost2008. "Love/Hate Relationship: An Experience with Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) (ID 58668)". Erowid.org. Nov 11, 2009. erowid.org/exp/58668

DOSE: 20 mg oral Pharms - Cyclobenzaprine (pill / tablet)

Here is a little background info: I first discovered Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) one day when I was in my parent's room looking for pills to use. My step-father had recently went to the doctor's with back problems, and the doctor had prescribed him Hydrocodone and Flexeril. After the codone ran out, I began looking at the Flexeril. I was skimming and saw the words 'muscle relaxant' and decided to try it.

This is my account of my first experience, but since then I have tried it several times and I can go back now and see that most, if not all of my experience with this drug are pretty much identical.

+ 00:00 - I take the four pills with some water, and watch TV and wait for the effects to kick in.

+ 00:20 - I can feel the effects to start kicking in. My body feels weak and tingly and there is slight mental cloudyness. Every time I make a fist my hand goes really weak and it is hard to keep it.

+ 00:45 - I feel really good. Something as I can only describe as a weak Hydrocodone buzz.

+ 01:30 - Something has irritated me and now I seem angry and pissed off at everything. When I make a fist it is now shaking uncontrollably a little bit.

+ 01:45 - I still feel agitated and now a little depressed. I start lashing out at my friends about the most inane things.

+ 02:00 - I decided I have had enough of this and go to bed. Sleep seems to come more quickly than usual.

+ 02:30 - 12:00 - I found myself waking up every hour, hour and a half and with a horrid case of dry mouth. One of the ups is I keep having the best dreams, livid and full of detail, that not even reefer could create.

+ 12:00 - I wake up, feeling more down and depressed than angry, with a groggy feeling and I still have dry mouth. I decided that this drug is not for me and decide not to do it again for a long time. I end up doing it everyday when I come home from school for a week.

Most of the times I have been on Flexeril have been like this. The mental/physical relaxation, the drowsiness, the 'naps' that last anywhere between five and nine hours, the depression, the anger, the drymouth, and the cool dreams.

Overall I do like this drug. After the week long 'binge' I decided not to do it for a long time, but I am tempted to do so as my friend gave me a bottle of about 20-25 10mg pills the other day. Maybe if I prepare myself for the future I can skip the anger/depression bit. There was a warning on the bottle though, to stop taking it after two weeks.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 58668