Glass molecule with $125 donation
Contribute $125 and get a great Solstmas gift for you or a friend!
(Psilocybin, MDMA, Mescaline, DMT, Caffeine, Serotonin, or LSD)
Homemade Absinthe
Wormwood & Pernod
by RYnaciuos
Citation:   RYnaciuos. "Homemade Absinthe: An Experience with Wormwood & Pernod (ID 568)". Erowid.org. Sep 20, 2000. erowid.org/exp/568

DOSE:   oral Wormwood (extract)

I started by soaking just about an ounce of dried wormwood in a mason jar of 80 proof Vodka(didn't have any Everclear). I let this sit for about 3 days, shaking occasionally. I then filtered the fluid threw a coffee filter, removing all the used herb. I was left with a dark green, very strong smelling liquid.

I then went to my local liquor store and puchased a bottle of Pernod. I poured three large shots of the wormwood solution into a glass. Next, I filled the rest of the glass with the pernod(letting it flow over a couple of sugar cubes). The mixture was still way to strong to drink comfortably, so I added a few more sugar cubes and diluted with a small amount of water. I ended up drinking almost 32 oz. within an hour or two.

At first I just felt like I was drunk, but about half way through my glass I started to notice the effects of the wormwood. I began to notice the outlines of objects, and Geometric designs a lot more. Images became a little more colorful and defined. The social aspect was also hightened. I had some very productive and fun conversations. The effects lasted for about 3-5 hours until eventually I fell asleep.

I woke up with really no hang over at all. And wanted to try it again. This time trying to force down more of the wormwood extract.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 568