Alexander Shulgin -- Memorial Gathering
August 2nd, 1pm-6pm, Berkeley CA
First Time Dipping
Tobacco
by Rickigger
Citation:   Rickigger. "First Time Dipping: An Experience with Tobacco (ID 55966)". Erowid.org. Jan 3, 2009. erowid.org/exp/55966

DOSE:   sublingual Tobacco (plant material)

Prior to this experience, the only experiences that I had had with tobacco were via a Houka (spelling), and I enjoyed it, however did not enjoy the feeling of the smoke. Many of my friends and a ton of kids in my grade do a thing called dip tobacco, in other words, putting a bit of chewing tobacco between their bottom lip and the front of their botton jaw.

The reason that I got the can was because I was just generally pissed off at the world and decided that I would get back at it by doing something bad to myself and fucking up my mind a little bit. I know that this is a bad reason for it, but it is the truth.

I went to my favorite gas station where I can buy tobacco products without getting carded, seeing as I'm only 17. I got a can of Skoal Apple Blend. The aromas that were emitted from the can were remniscent of an apple jolly rancher. I was excited to see what the phenomena was that everyone was so hyped up about.

I started on my homework and threw in a small lip, seeing as it was my first time and I didn't want to throw up all over everything and have a strange situation to explain to my parents. I began to notice after about a minute a slight buzz coming on, but not a very strong one, so I added about half of what I initially put in and started again on my homework. I noticed it coming in small waves, but definetely noticed what I would call a dizzying of the mind and a sense of relaxation. After about ten minutes I decided to stand up and walk around my room, and I noticed that I felt like I had just run around in a circle four or five times.

After a while I picked the lip out and put it into a cloth and into a pop can that I had been spitting into. I noticed afterward that my throat hurt a little bit, and that I was still pretty dizzy. All in all, I'd say it was a pleasurable experience.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 55966