Shaman Women, Plant Medicine, & Psychedelics Salon
This event will examine different ways that power can be misused in ceremonies that use plants as sacraments, and practical steps that participants can take to protect themselves.
Vancouver Canada, Nov 14 - 15, 2014
Crushing Addiction
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Ken M
Citation:   Ken M. "Crushing Addiction: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (ID 55832)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/55832

DOSE:   repeated oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

When I first saw a bottle of Ambien in my kitchen months ago, I decided to check it out online. I found that it gets one high and people seem to like the feeling. I tried 20 mg and had a nice buzz. I realized it felt like a Benadryl trip, but much much better (benadryl is scary). This inspired me to try higher doses like 40 mg which always ended up making me do stupid shit. I find that whenever I get high on ambien I become inspired to do more ambient, so I'd go to the medicine cabinet and grab another to snort and probably smoke weed in addition.

When I wake up in the morning I think of how stupid I am to keep abusing this drug because it's not even very enjoyable anymore. I'd also find more ambien placed in hidden spots throughout my room that I must've placed when I was high, but I can never remember it. I've realized just now that the only reason I did it all those times is because I got addicted to the fact that I can easily get even more high at the end of the night. And I've also noticed that after building a tolerance to ambien, I no longer get the same euphoric effect.

I've decided that I'm never going to do ambien again because I know if my love found out about it, she'd be devastated, and I cant lie to her. it kills me inside. It cant be good for my health either.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 55832