Shaman Women, Plant Medicine, & Psychedelics Salon
This event will examine different ways that power can be misused in ceremonies that use plants as sacraments, and practical steps that participants can take to protect themselves.
Vancouver Canada, Nov 14 - 15, 2014
Black Puke and a False Positive
DXM, Diphenhydramine & Drug Testing
by Archibald
Citation:   Archibald. "Black Puke and a False Positive: An Experience with DXM, Diphenhydramine & Drug Testing (ID 54392)". Erowid.org. Jun 29, 2007. erowid.org/exp/54392

DOSE: 24 tablets oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
  830 mg oral DXM (liquid)

I'm going to shorten the story up for time's sake. I picked up 2 bottles of Robitussin Maximum Strength and a 48 pack of Benadryl. Around 10:30pm, I downed 1 1/2 bottles of the robo and downed 24 benadryl within 1 minute. Now I had done this before, but with 27 benadryl and had no problem really.

Anyway, the last thing I remember was sitting in my chair watching tv. Apparently my mother came upstairs, something she never does, and I was acting very strange (really?). They called an ambulance and I ended up in the emergency room. They made me drink charcoal, which I don't remember, but I puked it up a while later. This was scary because I didn't remember drinking it, all this black stuff, I was scared shitless. They also put a catheder (sp?) in which was quite unnecessary and two IV's.

They came back with the results of a urine test with 'positive for PCP and Opiates'. I had explained earlier that I took benadryl and robo, but they also thought I took pcp and opiates on top of it. I got out the next morning and it took a few days to clear my name of the PCP and Opiates.

In summation, the false-positive is true. Ending up in an emergency room with IV's, a catheder, a belly full of charcoal, false-positives for pcp and opiates, angry parents and a head full of DXM and DPH can make for one scary trip.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 54392