Tough economic times hurt Erowid Center.
Help by making a small contribution.
Thinking about Snorting?
Fluoxetine (Prozac)
by Nosecandy
Citation:   Nosecandy. "Thinking about Snorting?: An Experience with Fluoxetine (Prozac) (ID 54146)". Erowid.org. Jun 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/54146

DOSE: 40 mg insufflated Pharms - Fluoxetine (ground / crushed)

I wish this was here the first time I stupidly tried snorting my Prozac pills in a desperate attempt to try and disconnect myself from the world a little further.

I figured, I had snorted cocaine and Xanax, what could be wrong with Prozac? So I took apart the pill and was surprised at the amount of powder that came out of the pill. I cut it up into lines as I would normally with coke, and went on a little researching to find out if it's been done before and if it even does anything.

I found nothing, so being to lab rat that I am, I just decided to go for it and I snorted down my first line.

OW.

It burned so bad, my nose felt like it was on fire from my nostril, to my nasal cavity and down my throat, like I snorted Tobasco sauce. My eyes watered for 15 minutes and tears poured down my cheeks. Inside my nose was throbbing and burning and the pain was so bad I didn't even notice anything other than pain. I couldn't even bother with any more lines and promptly trashed the rest of it.

It took an hour and a half for the pain to die down and the nasty drip to stop. It does nothing... so don't do it!

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 54146