Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Definitely Not Placebo
Coleus
by Wingnut
Citation:   Wingnut. "Definitely Not Placebo: An Experience with Coleus (ID 51843)". Erowid.org. Mar 31, 2006. erowid.org/exp/51843

DOSE: 8 leaves smoked Coleus (dried)

I recently purchased a rather large Coleus Blumei ('Wild Lime' hybrid). After reading several antecdotes on the supposed effects of this plant I dried 8 large leaves in the oven at 140 degrees for 45 minutes and than rolled and smoked a rather large 'spliff'.

Immediately I felt a mild relaxation that I, as a skeptic, simply took for a placebo effect. Ten minutes later I began to feel a tingling sensation throughout my entire body, and began to question my initial skepticism. At this time I felt as if I was melting into the couch, and definitely did not want to get up, but when I did so I realized a slight distortion/brightening of colors, waviness and a marked inebriation.

The total experience lasted approxamitely 4 hours and was very enjoyable.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 51843