Help Erowid Reach A New High!
September is our annual public support drive, when we ask YOU to join with the community to support reliable, independent drug information and help us get more unique contributors than ever before in a single month.

Donate by Bitcoin
Definitely Not Placebo
Coleus
by Wingnut
Citation:   Wingnut. "Definitely Not Placebo: An Experience with Coleus (ID 51843)". Erowid.org. Mar 31, 2006. erowid.org/exp/51843

DOSE: 8 leaves smoked Coleus (dried)

I recently purchased a rather large Coleus Blumei ('Wild Lime' hybrid). After reading several antecdotes on the supposed effects of this plant I dried 8 large leaves in the oven at 140 degrees for 45 minutes and than rolled and smoked a rather large 'spliff'.

Immediately I felt a mild relaxation that I, as a skeptic, simply took for a placebo effect. Ten minutes later I began to feel a tingling sensation throughout my entire body, and began to question my initial skepticism. At this time I felt as if I was melting into the couch, and definitely did not want to get up, but when I did so I realized a slight distortion/brightening of colors, waviness and a marked inebriation.

The total experience lasted approxamitely 4 hours and was very enjoyable.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 51843