New Membership Gift--Ltd. Ed. Art Print
"Solve et Elucido" is a fantastic signed & numbered reverberating giclee print
available for a $500 level donation. It is 12" x 12", on canvas, signed
by the artist as well as Erowid founders Earth and Fire.
A Godsend
Pregabalin
by Bob
Citation:   Bob. "A Godsend: An Experience with Pregabalin (ID 50637)". Erowid.org. Aug 29, 2007. erowid.org/exp/50637

DOSE: 800 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (capsule)
  1 smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I got Lyrica prescribed to me when I got the shingles. However they are now also being issued out as a medication for nerve damage, and in some cases, pain relief. Being a somewhat avid and experienced drug user (Marijuna, alchohol, coke, ecstacy, opiates, xanax, crystal meth), I immediatley searched the internet for any recreational value after I was cured of this AWFUL sickness. I found a couple reports about its recreational value on some faq on a website. The users described the feeling as very similar to a GHB intoxication, with some similar qualities to X. Now I have never experienced GHB, but I am a big fan of X, so I decided I would try them the next morning before I headed off to school. (I know this was a stupid idea, but I HATE my fuckin school, and I have straight A's with one C so I wasn't worried about it) So the next morning I woke up at around 6:30Am, took a shower, finished some homework, ate breakfast (I had read that it is wise to take these on a full stomach) and popped eight of my 100 miligram Lyrica pills. I then went outside and smoked a cig and headed off to school.

About five minutes into first period I felt pretty drunk, with a mild euphoria on top of that, similar to a mixing some beer with vicadin. It was not until about midway through 2nd period that I felt ROYALLY fucked up, and I loved it. I would not go as far to compare the euphoria off this to an ecstasy experience, but it defeintly felt wonderful. Whenever I would get up to walk around, I would have to be very careful not to stumble, and I could not write straight if my life depended on it! You would think that being this fucked up at school would cause me to worry, but I just decided to devote this day to this experience and play catch up with my schoolwork the following day. This experience lasted the whole day! I even had a difficult driving home after school, which is seven hours after I took the pills! [Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

It was not until about 8pm that night that I began to feel reconnected with myself, and I went to sleep quite easily that night and had no hangover at all the next day. This was a wonderful experience and next time I do it I will be sure to add some pot with it, since I find it to intensify every drug experience.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 50637