Help Erowid win a 2014 Nonprofit Award!
...by rating and reviewing us at Great Nonprofits
It's a Wonderful World
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Jay
Citation:   Jay. "It's a Wonderful World: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (ID 50569)". Erowid.org. May 15, 2006. erowid.org/exp/50569

DOSE: 12.5 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

First thing-Im a 16 year old guy in the US, and on several anti-depressants, but they have no effect on the Ambien. The trips were the same before and after the other pills. Anyway, my parents administer the pill to me, and make sure I swallow, which brings me to the first good aspect of ambien-it has this perfect coating that allows it to sit in my mouth for up to 15 minutes while eating, drinking, talking, ect. All I have to do is slide it in between my upper lip and front teeth and let it sit. I can open my mouth wide and it still looks empty.

Now, as for the actual effects, I would classify this pill as a 'mood enhancer' when taking the normal dose. If I feel real shitty, it wont help as much, but if I am normal, bored, that sort of thing, it upps my mood, motivates me, but in a relaxed sort of way. The best word I can think of for it is 'fluid'

Taking more than the perscribed dose, say double, causes me to become somewhat unbalenced, like I had just had 3 or 4 drinks, but I get to keep the mental clarity. I become VERY creative, and all sorts of amazing plans fly through my head. With the double dose, there is a definite euphoric feeling, and I REALLY enjoy whatever it is I'm doing. Good for boring school classes.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 50569