Erowid relies on the continued generosity of the public for funding.
Please include Erowid Center in your charitable giving plans.
Foxy Over a Candyflip
5-MeO-DiPT, LSD & MDMA
by Nathan Messer
Citation:   Nathan Messer. "Foxy Over a Candyflip: An Experience with 5-MeO-DiPT, LSD & MDMA (ID 495)". Erowid.org. Aug 4, 2000. erowid.org/exp/495

DOSE:   oral LSD
    oral MDMA
  7.0 mg oral 5-MeO-DiPT (powder / crystals)

A friend of mine had been talking a lot about 5-MeO-DiPT, and I was pretty curious about it. Many of my friends said that it was a tryptamine equivalent of 2-CB, and from the trip reports of 2-CB in PIHKAL I was really anxious to try the 5-meo-dipt. I went to a party, and was already candyflipping (LSD and MDMA) when I was offered the foxy methoxy. I was so anxious to try it that I accepted the offer, even though I usually tend to try new drugs by themselves.

I mixed the 5-MeO-DiPT (it was a fine, white powder) with water and drank it. About an hour later, I started to feel some effects that were definately NOT due to the LSD or MDMA. Actually, the best way I can describe it is that the 5-MeO-DiPT overrode the candyflip. I suddenly just wasn't candyflipping anymore. There were visuals, but not like those from acid. Colors were bolder, and objects just outside of my focus (like the wall behind a friend I was talking with) would move and jump, and if I stared at anything for a few minutes it would start to slowly move and pulsate. My body temperature started to rise really rapidly, so much so that shorts and a rayon T-shirt was unbearably hot. Also, I was feeling much more creative.

I grabbed a sketch book and started writing what could only be described as fairly weird and demented ramblings. At the time I was extremely proud of my writings and took them around to show everybody. Most of that was pretty much besides the point, however. More than anything, I was HORNY. I mean WOOHOO was I horny. It wasn't like the sensualness of MDMA, but more of an all-encompassing libido. Foxy is definitely a powerful aphrodisiac, at least for me. Another thing I remembered, the effects would generally come in waves, and dancing for a few minutes never failed to bring about another, stronger wave of the foxy.

During the comedown, I started to get a really banging headache that really didn't go away for about a day or so. I assume that the headache was due to dehydration more than the foxy, however. I definately want to try this again.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 495