Erowid is a one-of-a-kind resource
We are an educational non-profit dedicated to providing a balanced
examination of psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms,
improve benefits, and support appropriate policies. The site is made
possible by $5, $10, and $50 donations from visitors. Please pitch in!
Mixing with Meds
Cocaine, Paroxetine (Paxil), Zolpidem (Ambien) & Clonazepam (Klonopin)
by Lynn Z.
Citation:   Lynn Z.. "Mixing with Meds: An Experience with Cocaine, Paroxetine (Paxil), Zolpidem (Ambien) & Clonazepam (Klonopin) (ID 49187)". Erowid.org. Jun 7, 2007. erowid.org/exp/49187

DOSE:   repeated insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)
  20 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine (pill / tablet)
  12.5 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  0.5 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (pill / tablet)

I've had an on again off again habit for a few years. I started at 17 and Iím now 24. Although I have experience with cocaine, I was confused on what to do now that I take so many prescription medications. I tried researching the specific combination of cocaine with the medications listed, however, I did not find much information. I usually don't do more than 3 bags in one day, so if you use more, I can't say for certain the results will be similar, or safe.

Cocaine/Paxil 20 mg: Alone, this combination I find to be safe. Neither seem to effect each other.

Cocaine/Ambien 12.5 mg: Alone, I didn't find the ambien to help much with the crash, or help me sleep. Neither had an effect on each other.

Cocaine/Paxil/Ambien: Together, the sedative effect in the paxil and ambien combined seemed to help calm me a little, but not much.

Cocaine/Klonopin .5 mg: Alone, Klonopin really helped if I took 2 pills equaling 1mg. Klonopin works within 30-45 minutes. Therefore, I found If I took them right after my last lines, they kicked in quick enough to drastically reduce my crash time, and allow me to get to sleep a lot faster. I recommend them. Xanax can be used as a substitute. They have similar effects.

Cocaine/Klonopin/Paxil/Ambien: I tried this even though I was scared it would be too much. I'm still here to tell you about it, and I weigh very little. If I can take it, I'm pretty sure its ok. I was very wired after a long night, and the coke had lost it's effect, meaning I felt like I was crashing for a while. I did my last lines, popped the klonopin, and waited 30 minutes. I still felt jittery and anxious, so I took the paxil and ambien at that time, hoping it would help. I crashed for about an hour all together before I could even sit down. An hour after my last lines, I felt relieved to finally feel calm. However, I still couldn't fall asleep right away. In my opinion, I'm pretty sure the Klonopin alone would not have been enough to calm that night. I feel the extra help from the paxil and ambien to be beneficial.

I now cure my crash with the whole mixture since it never hurt. Keep in mind that I never do more than three $20 dollar bags in a day, and I never pop more than a recommended dose of the prescription medications. I can say from experience with friends who overdosed, taking too much coke, with too many downers of any kind at once is deadly. I don't care how desperate you are to avoid your crash, DO NOT do either in large amounts! Be patient, and you'll feel better soon.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 49187