New Membership Gift--Ltd. Ed. Art Print
"Solve et Elucido" is a fantastic signed & numbered reverberating giclee print
available for a $500 level donation. It is 12" x 12", on canvas, signed
by the artist as well as Erowid founders Earth and Fire.
Mild Experience with Insufflation
Bromo-Dragonfly
by Pelleus
Citation:   Pelleus. "Mild Experience with Insufflation: An Experience with Bromo-Dragonfly (ID 48047)". Erowid.org. Dec 15, 2005. erowid.org/exp/48047

DOSE: T+ 1:00   repeated oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
  T+ 0:00 300 ug insufflated Bromo-Dragonfly (powder / crystals)

The alleged B-DFLY was bought from an internet seller of legal drugs. It was sold in powder form, diluted with a filler so that a package of 200 milligrams contained 200 micrograms of active substance. I have not had the powder analyzed for its content, but I have bought other substances of good quality from the same supplier.

After having read several peoples reports of the same substance bought from the same supplier, I came to the conclusion that 300 micrograms (one and a half bag of powder as described above) insufflated would actually not be a reckless dose, despite B-DFLY being rumoured to be of higher potency based on its measured efficacy as a 5-HT2A receptor agonist.

Setting: at home with a close friend.
Set: very curious.

T - 0:30 (17.00): We ate a fine piece of smoked salmon.

T + 0:00 (17.30): We each took 300 micrograms of B-DFLY intranasally.

T + 0:30 (18.00): I began to feel something. The effects, described below, developped over the next half hour.

T + 1:00 (18.30): The effects are evident but mild. There is a certain euphoria; a calm, centrally stimulated feeling (not tense in the body); a little excitement; things are more fun than usual - when we sat there in front of the computer and talked and dug music, I laughed to all sorts of things. There was a certain mild psychedelic feeling, but the only visuals I got were some very subtle, shimmering light-effects in the background. We spent the next few hours talking, sharing a bottle of wine and a juicy chunk of entrecŰte; watched DVD and drank a few beers. Between 22.00 and 23.00, the effects subsided. My friend got even milder effects, and no visuals at all.

T + 6:00 (23.00): Down to baseline by now, except for some mild alcohol inebriation.

The overall feeling was of taking a just-over-threshold dose of a psychedelic. The closest comparision I find is 3 mg intranasal 2C-B, though this lasted longer than 3 mg 2C-B would have lasted. Since 8 mg intranasal 2C-B is a moderately strong, good dose 2C-B intranasally, I think that 800 microgram B-DFLY intranasally would be a good dose for me, arbitrarly assuming the same, quite steep dose curve that 2C-B has. Needless to say, this goes for me and my friend, with the previous experience of 300 with very, very mild effects. B-DFLY seems to be an extremely variable drug, so the dosage we barely felt is perhaps a whopping one for someone else.

Appendix - previous experience:

Some drugs Iíve used recreationally and/or experimentally, listed in my personal approximate order of preference*:

2C-T-2, 2C-B, DET, 2C-E, MDA+fluoxetine**, amphetamine, MDMA+fluoxetine**, psilocybian mushrooms (Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe cubensis, Copelandia cyanescens etc.), AMT, TMA-2, 4-OH-DiPT, DMT, LSD, dextromethorphan (DXM), Argyria nervosa seeds, nitrous oxide, Yopo, ethanol, Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, diethylether, Ipomoea violacea seeds, Amanita muscaria, Salvia divinorum, various benzodiazepines (flunitrazepam, diazepam, oxazepam), cocaine, 1,4-butanediol, GHB, ephedrine, DiPT, tea from Papaver somniferum, DMT + Peganum harmala seeds***, 5-MeO-AMT.

*) based on such different variables as pleasantness, versatility, sheer fun, insight potential and gastrointestinal side-effects (the latter being extreme and place-determining only for 5-MeO-AMT and the combination DMT + P. harmala).
**) I do not take MDA or MDMA alone anymore due to their known serotonergic neurotoxicity. However, fluoxetine most probably offers a working protection (see for example Br J Pharmacol. 2001 Sep;134(1):46-57 and J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1993 Jun;13(3):214-7).
***) Except for E+fluoxetine, this is the only combination mentioned in the list, for the reasons of its fame and that Iíve not tried P. harmala by itself.

The following substances I have not evaluated enough times or in enough dosage to include them in the preference list: B-DFLY, atropine, 2C-T-4, ALEPH-7, TFMPP, Datura stramonium seeds.

Lastly, some drugs I have previously used only for medical purpose: fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, clomipramine, buspirone, propranolol, propiomazine, zolpidem.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 48047