Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
In My Own Little World
Propoxyphene (Darvocet)
by James
Citation:   James. "In My Own Little World: An Experience with Propoxyphene (Darvocet) (ID 48046)". Erowid.org. May 29, 2006. erowid.org/exp/48046

DOSE: 650 mg insufflated Acetaminophen (ground / crushed)
  100 mg insufflated Pharms - Propoxyphene (ground / crushed)

I am curently experimenting with many drugs. I an a daily weed smoker, and have also tried oxycontin, XTC, Klonopin, valium, hydrocodone, cocaine, and several other drugs. A friend of mine had mentioned she had a prescription to darvocet which she had never completely used up, and I offered her a few dollars for a 100mg pill. I researched it online before trying it. Darvocet is chemically related to codine, which made me expect a very oxy, or at least, hydrocodone high. So I crushed up the pill very finely and use a credit card to put it into lines. I rolled up a 20$ bill and snorted a few thick lines. first, I noticed my nose got clogged up very fast, which got very annoing, but soon I got a very painful, and numbing drip which cleared up my nose. The drip was very intence for a few minuites. it began to sting very badly, then dripped a bitter taste which triggered a novacain like numbness from my nasal cavitys to my tounge.

I then got a small buzz and an itchy feeling, not unlike the onset of my oycodone experiments. I then went on with my day unmotivatedly. I went out with a friend to a function, thinking the pill was near bunk because it had yet to affect me. While at the function it hit me like a ton of bricks. My whole body became very numb feeing, not in an uncomfortable way, I could say I was 'comfortably numb'. While I walked I felt as if I was floating along, thinking about nothing at all, and wanting just to lay down and relax.

I had a feeling of euphoria, though not extreme, it was definitely there. I was very happy with doing whatever. I then soon started coming down so I went to smoke a few bowls at a friends house, and the marijuana high interacted very well with the darvocet high. I could feel them both seperately in my body, I was extrmemly sedated having freely floing thoughts and ideas, i found myself in a constant daydeam state.

I then came of both highs, and felt a little down in the dumps, but not horrible. I called up a friend and rolled up a blunt. we went to our smoking spot and smoked which then again kicked the darvocet high in. not full gear, but tere again.

Before I totally came off my high I went home to take a nap, and woke up feeling very painfree and cozy (I would usually have a huge headache when I woke up, must have still had a small amount of the opoid in my system.)

My friends all commented that I seemed in my own world the whole day, even before any of them were aware I was pretty jammed on the darvocet.

This was a great high. I actually prefer it to vicodin, percoset, and oxycontin. I would definitly invest in buying a darvocet pill again if I come across the opportunity.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 48046