Citation: SalviaJay. "Making Blotter: experience with Salvia divinorum (blotter) (ID 45926)". Erowid.org. Oct 8, 2007. erowid.org/exp/45926
I found out about the Salvia Blotter method just yesterday, and figured that since I had some Isopropyl alcohol and 2g of 6x Salvia, I might as well try the method.
The method required 5g of regular crushed Salvia. I substitued that with 2g of the 6x Salvia I had to see if I could get a stronger effect. I wasn't sure about the solubility of Salivorin A, so I doubled the solvent to 200ml just in case. I waited for about 10 hours as instructed. The other thing I changed about the directions is that I strained the mixture through the tea stainer before I added the water. This is because I figured if I formed the precipitate and then put it through the strainer, the pile of spent Salvia leaves at the bottom would soak back up the Salivorin A as it was going through. Anyways, pretty much everything I did afterward was the same as the directions, added twice water (since I doubled the solvent), filtered it through a coffee filter, and dried the filter in an oven.
So, I cut about 1/5 of the filter, and stuck it under my tongue after gargling Listerine. In about 15 minutes, I start feeling a pleasant stoned feeling. Listening to music was more pleasurable, and I was taking everything in stride. I don't know how this experience compares with the quid method, as I always have smoked it before. But I can testify that this method actually does work. The only drawback is that the filtering process took a long time. I think it took a total of 4 hours of preperation, not counting the 10 hour soaking time. Maybe doubling the solvent wasn't a needed procedure, I'm not sure. If it still does work with the original 100ml of solvent, then that would probably cut the time by an hour or so.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid.