More than 2 million people use Erowid every month...
but only 100 of those contribute financially.
If you use Erowid, PLEASE DONATE!
Nausea, Vomiting and Artistic Hallucinations
Zolpidem
by Gabe 'drukqs'
Citation:   Gabe 'drukqs'. "Nausea, Vomiting and Artistic Hallucinations: An Experience with Zolpidem (ID 45543)". Erowid.org. Nov 19, 2007. erowid.org/exp/45543

DOSE: T+ 0:00 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:20 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

Before my ambien experience, I hadnt taken any pills. I smoke Marijuanna moderatly (weekends) and salvia on a few occasions.

I took one 10 mg pill of Ambien, waited 20 minutes and did not feel very much except for tired so I took my second. At the 50 minute mark (50 minutes from the first pill, 30 from the second) I was extremely messed up. The setting was my computer, lights were off and I had a nice big bottle of cold water next to me. I was in comfortable clothes for sleeping and made sure I was as comfortable as could be. I put some Dave Matthews (chill, relaxing music). Pretty much I was perfectly prepared, but that still didnt save me from what was going to happen.

I was on nothing else that night (sober for 5 days). I started rocking back and fourth in my chair. I was hallucinating quite a bit. I was talking with a friend on the computer at the time. And while talking to him I had the impression that there were many people in my room. I realized that I was just tripping, but the hallucinations were getting pretty strong. I looked through my monitor, to my wall to see an old man opening a Religious text. So you'd think everything was well, my computer appeared to be moving... And I thought there were people hiding in my closet.

Nausea set in. The nausea was very unpleasant, and I began to throw up so I ran to my bathroom holding my mouth shut with both hands and threw up a brown/purple color vomit. I regretted taking the pill that day only because of the Nausea. Shortly after throwing up I decided to go to sleep. I closed my eyes, and with my eyes closed the hallucinations were extremely strong and artistic. Pianos, monkeys, religious texts, and martial arts all appeared in my mind. I fell asleep and found it hard to remember anything for about 7 hours.

Ambien is a hell of a drug. Strong and vivid. I dont think i'll be doing it for a while, maybe next time i'll snort it.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45543