Fundamental #10: Decide how much to use and measure dosages carefully.
A Delightful Surprise
Trazodone
by Anthony
Citation:   Anthony. "A Delightful Surprise: An Experience with Trazodone (ID 45117)". Erowid.org. Dec 17, 2008. erowid.org/exp/45117

DOSE: T+ 0:00 25 mg insufflated Pharms - Trazodone (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:15 25 mg insufflated Pharms - Trazodone (ground / crushed)

I am prescribed trazadone as a sleep aid for my insomnia and have been taking 50mg at bedtime every night for about three weeks and have had no real psychedelic experience with it before, but a few nights ago I was bored and in the mood for a high. Being broke and having nothing of real use to me I decided to try an amount of trazodone. After reading up on other experiences I found that nobody had tried to snort it before. I had little expectation that anything special would happen so I thought what the hell, little did I know I was in for a very pleasant surprise.

At about 11pm I crushed a 50mg pill and split it into two lines, I decided to start off small so I snorted one line and saved the second one for later. As I did the first line I was surprised to find that the trazodone was virtually painless going up and gave my head a nice tingling sensation. I waited 15 minutes without noticing any change in perception so I decided to do the second line as well. I sat back down and began to chat online with my girlfriend.

After about 45 minutes from taking the first line I noticed that colors became more defined and things began to move in a sort of slow motion. Objects became outlined and everything seemed to stand out. I got up to get a drink of water and my balance was about the same as it would be after getting drunk; I had a very hard time walking straight. At about this time my mood jumped; I became extremely happy and couldn't stop smiling.

An hour after the first line was taken I began to get a pleasant body sensation that is somewhat comparable to a low dose of heroine and my body just pulsed with good feeling. I went to the bathroom to see how I looked and I saw that my eyes were red and my veins were bulging. At that point I checked my pulse and found that my heart was beating a little faster than usual, but nothing fast enough to be concerned about. After that I just sat on the couch very relaxed and watched tv for a while. I drifted off to sleep sometime after and woke up early the next morning feeling well rested and with a lot of energy. My lifted mood was very apparent the next day as well.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45117