New Membership Gift--Ltd. Ed. Art Print
"Solve et Elucido" is a fantastic signed & numbered reverberating giclee print
available for a $500 level donation. It is 12" x 12", on canvas, signed
by the artist as well as Erowid founders Earth and Fire.
Seratonin Escape
Paroxetine (Paxil) & DXM
by Madstonerfool
Citation:   Madstonerfool. "Seratonin Escape: An Experience with Paroxetine (Paxil) & DXM (ID 43192)". Erowid.org. Sep 25, 2008. erowid.org/exp/43192

DOSE:   oral Pharms - Paroxetine (daily)
  270 mg oral DXM (capsule)

This report documents my experiences with a small dose of dxm, standard dose of paxil (paroxetine), and a large dose of depression. I am a typical 18 year old psyconaught and had been going to a job corps trade program for 2 months, in an attempt to obtain my high school diploma and a welding certification. I was very motivated and ambitous about starting a good life, until I got terminated from the school (yesterday) for providing a less than perfect urinary analysis. I was depressed despite my paxil perscription which was, most likely, the only thing that kept me from entering an oblivious depressed insanity. I noticed that there is a drug interaction between paxil and Dextromethorphan; being intelligent on the topic of chems I note that both chemicals vastly increase levels of seratonin.

I am sitting home by myself the day after I am termed when I decided to eat 18 robo cough gels (dxm only). Turned out to be 270mg of DXM. I expected to have a siezure or have a repulsive, horrific seratonin syndrome experience. But to my avail; I had a very euphoric, mind boggling rush of happiness much as marijuana gives you while on an SSRI like paxil. It was as if everything was in it's place and I was making the best of my everything. As I type this document 4 hours after the initial ingestion I am blatently striken by the ability to type while in this euphoric wormhole of dreams.

T+ 4:05 I run to the window and stare in amazement and extreme interest as a tow truck rids our parking lot of a drunk womans car (whom I just remembered can find some high grade MJ in this god-forsaken town) just before returning to the computer to finish my experience report.

T+ 4:20 I would like to type more about my fading trip however I had a black out. The last thing I remember is downing those lil red pills.

I had robotripped 11 times in the past, but never on paxil. I give the combination a 9 (due to seratonin syndrom potential).

2 days later - for some valient, appreciative reason my depression seems to have been permenantly deleted scince the experience and I feel happy as I did before I even needed paxil!

I recomend paxil for anyone who is depressed -- paxil/DXM for anyone who wants a complete and utter seratonin excape.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 43192