Citation: ks. "Out of Nowhere, I Lost My Mind: experience with AMT (ID 38423)". Erowid.org. Nov 24, 2004. erowid.org/exp/38423
||(powder / crystals)
I just wanted to inform you of my personal experience with AMT that left me hospitalized for the entire trip. In 2002 I purchased 1 gram of AMT from the internet. This was not the first time I had ingested it. After reading about the dangers of the sensitive dosages, I was always careful to measure safe amounts out. However, on this particular evening I did not. I was careless and thought that I could 'eye ball' it. I put some AMT into a capsule and ingested it. I then drove to my boyfriend's apartment and hung out for awhile.
Probably an hour and a half later I started getting slight visuals and then all of a sudden out of nowhere I lost my mind. I cannot explain exactly what happened... but I was confused.... I didn't know how to talk or even who I was... I cannot explain what happened... but everything started spinning out of control and my boyfriend called my parents to the apartment.... The took me to the emergency room and I was given activated charcoal and spent the night and morning tripping in the emergency room. When I stared to realize I was just tripping and I knew who I was, it was actual quite fun. But I did scare everyone around me.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid.