Is it important to you to have accurate information about drugs?
Donate $30 to help keep Erowid going strong!
Smoking Morphine
Opium
by Johnny Blaze
Citation:   Johnny Blaze. "Smoking Morphine: An Experience with Opium (ID 3628)". Erowid.org. Nov 20, 2000. erowid.org/exp/3628

DOSE: 55 mg oral Morphine (pill / tablet)
  110 mg smoked Morphine (powder / crystals)

My brother told me to try smoking morphine one night. I had 1.5 110 mg pills that my friend gave me, so what the hell. I ate the half pill, and I crushed up the full pill (not very finely) and sprinkled half of it in a glass pipe half packed with weed, then I packed the bowl to the top and sprinkled the rest on it. To my surprise it smoked, smelled and tasted JUST LIKE opium! I smoked with 2 other people, and the one bowl lasted for 15 minutes, no joke. About 10 minutes later I was so doped up, I couldn't talk right. The high was like opium, but with more of a sedative type feeling. The weed high wore off after about an hour, but the morphine, smacked out feeling, lasted until I went to sleep (really the morphine put me to sleep). I got a great night's sleep and woke up the next morning feeling very apathetic and lazy, but other than that, everything about smoking morphine is great. Words of advice: If you are going to do morphine (at least in pill form), make SURE you have a decent amount of food in your stomach when you take it or you will yack your guts up! I recommend some kind of dairy product.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3628