Help Erowid win a 2014 Nonprofit Award!
...by rating and reviewing us at Great Nonprofits
Don't Mix (Seizure Report)
Quetiapine & Cannabis
by Ronkkrop
Citation:   Ronkkrop. "Don't Mix (Seizure Report): An Experience with Quetiapine & Cannabis (ID 33233)". Erowid.org. Oct 23, 2006. erowid.org/exp/33233

DOSE: T+ 0:00 25 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 14:20   smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Well, let me begin by stating that today is the worst day of my entire life. I consider myself to be an avid smoker in products of the marijuana variety.

The mix of seroquel and marijuana happened to come together by accident. I have problems of anxiety, and I happened to tell my parents about this who later gave me seroquel. I didn't think at any point that mixing these two would cause anything serious. Suffice it to say, I was wrong.

I took the seroquel around 2pm, and began to feel exhausted, by 6pm I was asleep. By chance my roomate and I happened to be both awake at 415am. So of course we decided to partake in the festivities of 420 :). We smoked 2 bowls, and then I felt tired once again and decided it might be a good idea to sleep. I went to my room, and had the funniest sensation that I couldn't understand. I had no idea what was going on with anything. It's not that I had no idea where I was, or who I was, it's that I was completely unaware of any of it. I sat in front of this very computer, and had a bitter taste in my mouth come on rather suddenly, and an onset of confusion. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor having a seizure. I managed to cut my face (minimally, thank god), and cause minor trauma to my back. I can only remember little bits of the seizure, and my roomate had said it lasted well over 5 minutes. To sum up the medical side of things, my blood work revealed I have a great nutrition. I also have no family history of seizures.

I re-iterate, this has been single-handedly the worst day of my life, and I have no intention of repeating it. According to the doctor, I should wait a minimum of 3 weeks before I smoke anything, and I may have a seizure again at any time, without warning, until the seroquel is completely out of my system.

Given this information, I can't see how anybody would want to mix these two.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 33233