Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Definitely addictive!
1,4-Butanediol
by Elizabeth
Citation:   Elizabeth. "Definitely addictive!: An Experience with 1,4-Butanediol (ID 3317)". Erowid.org. Jun 24, 2001. erowid.org/exp/3317

I was given a small bottle of GHB and was absolutly thrilled with the effects. It's a very decadent drug, it makes me want to eat, have sex and sleep. What's not to love! After I got through with the bottle I went on a mission to find more of the stuff. I was extremly successful and bought a small case of 1,4-Butanediol, which is closely related to GHB.

I started by doing it only on weekends and then just on dates or with friends. Soon, I did it every evening after work to relax. I started to perfer the way I felt on it then not on it. I started doing it in the morning before work. I found that it had a effect similar to exctacy in that it made my feeling more intense. I cared more about my job and was able to focus better. I was much more confident. I started doing it at work and soon I was _always_ on it.

What started happening was this: I started gaining weight. I don't know if this is because I was eating more (well yes, obviously) but it also must be because it bulks you up somehow... it used to be sold for body builders.

And this: while it used to make me horny, now I couldn't even have an orgasm. I lost my sex drive.

Besides these very negative and upsetting effects I found when I decided to cut down and not do it 3 times a day, i felt withdrawl symptoms: shaky, antsy, uneasy, body aches, muscle cramps and inabillity to think about anything else but the damn drug. I decided that i had gone way too far and needed to kick it completely. I woke up one morning and gave all my stuff away. The severe withdrawal only lasted one day, but I was miserable. My body felt heavy and achey and I felt _very_ depressed. I cried all day, but all in all it didn't last long and I got over it.

I feel a lot better now although not totally normal. I am still feeling mighty depressed and the only thing that helps is excersise. And yes, I got my sex drive back and am loosing weight.

1,4 Butanediol can be a fun drug if only done on special occasions. But if you want to do it more, I would reccomend *no more than once a week*!

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3317